Community Forum

Fast Forward Error on Cloud DVR

New Poster

Fast Forward Error on Cloud DVR

Since activating my cloud DVR, I'm consistently having issues when trying to fast forward programs.  Oftentimes, while fast forwarding, an error message will appear saying the DVR encountered a problem playing back that program.  I'm then either taken back to my main DVR screen, or if an on demand version of the program is available, I'm transferred to on demand (with commercials, of course).

I've already had a tech out, who replaced the box.

There appear to be no problems with the recording itself.  It I don't fast forward, or I use the jump ahead button, it plays correctly.

The issue is not consistent.  Sometimes I can fast forward without a problem.  Other times, on the same recording, I'll experience an issue.

Please help - this is problem is incredibly annoying!

Tags (1)
Expert

Re: Fast Forward Error on Cloud DVR

@Wang312 wrote:

Since activating my cloud DVR, I'm consistently having issues when trying to fast forward programs.  Oftentimes, while fast forwarding, an error message will appear saying the DVR encountered a problem playing back that program.  I'm then either taken back to my main DVR screen, or if an on demand version of the program is available, I'm transferred to on demand (with commercials, of course).

I've already had a tech out, who replaced the box.

There appear to be no problems with the recording itself.  It I don't fast forward, or I use the jump ahead button, it plays correctly.

The issue is not consistent.  Sometimes I can fast forward without a problem.  Other times, on the same recording, I'll experience an issue.

Please help - this is problem is incredibly annoying!

you appear to be speaking of viewing while on your home X1 equipment. are you watching on the TV connected directly to the X1 DVR? or are you watching from a companion set top box?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

It's the TV connected directly to the DVR.  That's the only box I have.

Expert

@Wang312 wrote:

It's the TV connected directly to the DVR.  That's the only box I have.

when having the issue next time, while playing the video press the OK button. in upper left does it have a little cloud icon before the "DVR" ? (meaning it is playing a cloud recording on the X1 equipment).

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Yes, it is playing a cloud recording.

Expert

@Wang312 wrote:

Yes, it is playing a cloud recording.

since the recording is from the cloud you will notice fast forward and rewind act a bit different and that means that there is no local copy of the program on th ehome DVR. the only backup is on-demand when that happens.