Community Forum

Extremely Loud Commercials

Highlighted
New Poster

Extremely Loud Commercials

I live in Baltimore County Maryland and the commercials are intolerably loud. I have to hold the remote constantly and lower the volume when a commercial comes on and then raise it back up when the regular programming comes back on.
Anyone else experiencing this?

Isn’t this illegal?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Extremely Loud Commercials

@SteveL27 wrote:
I live in Baltimore County Maryland and the commercials are intolerably loud. I have to hold the remote constantly and lower the volume when a commercial comes on and then raise it back up when the regular programming comes back on.
Anyone else experiencing this?

Isn’t this illegal?

If you are using your TV's speakers, is there a chance the issue is with the TV?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

No, my audio is going through my Denon AV receiver and I have the loudness management turned on. So, my receiver is tamping down the volume on the commercials already and they are still too loud.
Expert

@SteveL27 wrote:
No, my audio is going through my Denon AV receiver and I have the loudness management turned on. So, my receiver is tamping down the volume on the commercials already and they are still too loud.

the producer of the video includes audio audio control. no one has access but the user to adjust your own volume levels. if it is commercials on a local channel contact them via phone and ask for the broadcast engineer's office and say I'd like to file a complaint on commercial's audio volume.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello SteveL27, the information that (Rustyben) been shared is spot on. We don't have any control over the volume for commercials that are part of your local broadcast so you would need to contact the network to have this corrected or make sure your personal settings are adjusted.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thanks for your reply.
So to be clear, the network/channel that this is happening on is the responsible party even though the loud advertisements seem to be localized to my viewing area?

Steve
Official Employee

Hi SteveL27. This is actually something that we can help take care of. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We have a designated group that we reach out to for situations like this. Please send me a private message with your name and I can bring you through the process.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

I ended up not hearing back from you on this, SteveL27. I have completed the interaction. If you end up needing further support with it, please reply to my most recent PM. Thanks for your time.