Community Forum

Extending recording time limited to 30 minutes

Contributor

Extending recording time limited to 30 minutes

When recording golf on Sundays I like to extend by 1 hour in case there is a playoff. I setup the recording by using the Guide and selecting the program I want. Usually for live sports programs (games) X1 is smart enough to know it's sports and the record STOP funtion has selections to add 30 Minutes, 1 hour, and beyond. Lately when recording golf the extend options are only 3 minutes, 5 minutes, and 30 minutes. This seems wrong to me. Anyone know why longer extend options are not available?

Tags (2)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Extending recording time limited to 30 minutes

wrote:

When recording golf on Sundays I like to extend by 1 hour in case there is a playoff. I setup the recording by using the Guide and selecting the program I want. Usually for live sports programs (games) X1 is smart enough to know it's sports and the record STOP funtion has selections to add 30 Minutes, 1 hour, and beyond. Lately when recording golf the extend options are only 3 minutes, 5 minutes, and 30 minutes. This seems wrong to me. Anyone know why longer extend options are not available?

Comcast is at the mercy of the guide information coming from a third party.  If I bought a TV Guide at a newstand, there is no way they could anticipate shows running over their time slot.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Extending recording time limited to 30 minutes

I have noticed this also.  This is simply a manual user selection available on any recording.  The default is Stop “On time” and you can choose to extend that by 3, 5 or 30 minutes.  It had been possible at one time to select 60 minutes (maybe more, not sure).  This has been helpful when you know a program is running late (not just sports, but maybe due to breaking news or something, your show will be running over).  The workaround is to also record the next program on the guide.