Community Forum

Error code XRE-22 SRM-901F when trying to use On Demand Services with X1

Frequent Visitor

Error code XRE-22 SRM-901F when trying to use On Demand Services with X1

Just received one of three non-dvr X1 boxes yesterday and hooked it up via self install.  Everything is working fine, except when trying to actually view On Demand content.  Whenever I try to do this, I receive the above error.  My two other non-X1 boxes have no issues.

That being said, there was a mix up with the ordering of the other two boxes, so there are a number of X1 boxes on my account right now, but only one has actually been received and installed.  A tech came out to the house last weekend to resolve connection issues and re-did all the connections at the box on the side of the house.  This also included disconnecting unused lines, etc.  Before he left, he basically said all specs are perfect...right in the middle of the signal ranges for TV and Data/Internet and said I should actually upgrade to the X1 boxes from my Scientific Atlanta Explorer HD boxes.  So I did...

Today, after sitting with phone support and doing numerous reboots, signal refreshes, etc...I'm still getting the error on the X1 box.  So, she scheduled a tech visit this Monday.  However, wondering if it really is a signal issue, or if something is still not setup/provisioned correctly with the new X1 box...

Just trying to see if something was missed, before the tech actually comes out here...to save us all the hassle...

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Error code XRE-22 SRM-901F when trying to use On Demand Services with X1

If I recall the X1 error codes, this is credit limit issue. The people at the X1 help line 877-896-8678 know how to fix this.

cxm249 wrote:

Just received one of three non-dvr X1 boxes yesterday and hooked it up via self install.  Everything is working fine, except when trying to actually view On Demand content.  Whenever I try to do this, I receive the above error.  My two other non-X1 boxes have no issues.

That being said, there was a mix up with the ordering of the other two boxes, so there are a number of X1 boxes on my account right now, but only one has actually been received and installed.  A tech came out to the house last weekend to resolve connection issues and re-did all the connections at the box on the side of the house.  This also included disconnecting unused lines, etc.  Before he left, he basically said all specs are perfect...right in the middle of the signal ranges for TV and Data/Internet and said I should actually upgrade to the X1 boxes from my Scientific Atlanta Explorer HD boxes.  So I did...

Today, after sitting with phone support and doing numerous reboots, signal refreshes, etc...I'm still getting the error on the X1 box.  So, she scheduled a tech visit this Monday.  However, wondering if it really is a signal issue, or if something is still not setup/provisioned correctly with the new X1 box...

Just trying to see if something was missed, before the tech actually comes out here...to save us all the hassle...

Contributor

It appears this is a missing codes issue. Call 877-896-8678, or us the "chat with an agent" button in this link: https://customer.xfinity.com/contact-us

cxm249 wrote:

Silver Problem Solver

RickGr4 wrote:

If I recall the X1 error codes, this is credit limit issue. The people at the X1 help line 877-896-8678 know how to fix this.

Nope.

901f = "you don't subscribe to this"

9020 = credit limit issue

It's the same for legacy boxes, BTW.

Original poster, a tech cannot fix that, the agents either need to refresh the OnDemand or escalate to tier 2. Sadly, it's a matter of getting an agent that actually knows what they are doing, and doessn't just shoot random signals out that don't fix issues.

Frequent Visitor

Just talked with a different agent, seemed much more knowledgeable than the first one, tried a few things and still couldn't get it to work.  So, now at least elevating to tier 2.  He was looking at the signal and agreed that the person that was out here earlier did a bang up job with my signal strength sitting dead on at 0...which is rare...and no booster.  So, pretty sure it's not signal related.  Guess we'll see if tier 2 can figure things out.  BTW, thanks for the responses and validating my gut feeling that it's somehow configuration related...

Frequent Visitor

So...thought I'd post the final resolution.  Even though the agent said it would be escalated to tier 2, I don't think it ever was...because I never received a phone call back and On Demand was still not working as of Monday morning.  So, I kept the tech appointment.  When the tech came out, same thing as everyone else mentioned, the signal is perfect.  The tech basically swapped out the box, even though he was pretty sure it wasn't that.  Then, when he went to set it up in the system on the Xfinity side, he let out a sigh...and said, let me show you something.

He showed me a screen with "outlets" on it.  There were 7 listed.  Then, he flipped to a screen that showed the items provisioned and the "outlets" they were attached to.  There were 10!  He said "the first screen I showed you is a billing screen with billing rate codes attached to each virtual outlet.  The one that wasn't working was not on the list."  Obviously, the new box was fine after he fired it up and it came online.

Just as many other have mentioned, regarding the SRM-901F error...it is indeed the billing rate code missing for the device.  The frustrating part is that I talked with three different agents, mentioned the billing rate code, and they just moved on with trying signals, etc.  So, we'll see how the other boxes go tonight, because I believe they just hit my doorstep today...can't wait to be done with "upgrade" ordeal.