Community Forum

Error code XRE 03062

New Poster

Error code XRE 03062

What does this code mean, and why do I only get this message on ONLY ONE CHANNEL, 841 FOX NEWS?  I have not been able to watch this channel since the middle of August, have tried customer service, no help there, no explanation.  Any others have this problem?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Error code XRE 03062

lyn158 wrote:

What does this code mean, and why do I only get this message on ONLY ONE CHANNEL, 841 FOX NEWS?  I have not been able to watch this channel since the middle of August, have tried customer service, no help there, no explanation.  Any others have this problem?

This is the FAQ for XRE-03062 :   http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-errorcode-xre-03062/

New Poster

Sending someone to a link where the advice is "reboot your DVR" isn't helpful.

Gold Problem Solver

borge wrote:

Actually, rebooting the box solves most issues and is what COMCAST reccommends...  if rebooting does not fix the issue, calling into COMCAST and registering a trouble ticket for the failed services is required....  if a user doesn't tell Comcast they have an isuse, Comcast will never know to fix it!

Gold Problem Solver

When it comes to X1 boxes you could not be more wrong...

borge wrote:

Gold Problem Solver

This sounds like an "entitlement" issue. Call the X1 help line 877-896-8678 and have them resend entitlements to your X1 box.

lyn158 wrote:

New Poster

I am having the exact same problem, which also started early August. I have had a tech out, who couldnt fix it and several phone calls to tech support which of course just led to rebooting and signal sending.

New Poster

NOPE! Calling that number and asking to have them "resend entitlements" did not work. I just tried.

New Poster

Getting same issue on one channel 5star max, call comcast twice no help, waiting for HIGHER tech to call.

Valued Contributor

lyn158 wrote:

It might be a cable wire issue causing a channel frequency issue. Please ensure that all cable wires are connected properly and that they are not loose or even bent. You could try having comcast replace the wire(s).

View this topic:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/no-NBC-sports-in-HD-1607-on-my-local-service/m-p/2569181

New Poster

I'm was  having this problem with an X1 help video from settings and OnDemand movie.  The funny thing is that after I get this error message it switches the channel to something I wasn't watching before the request.  I haven't taken the time to check if it is the same new channel. 

A warm reboot of the box did do the trick it appears all the OnDemand stuff works now. Never did find out what the code means.

New Poster

Comcast sucks in general. I called about this issue and specifically told them not to send a refresh signal, they did it anyway ruining all of my recordings.

Silver Problem Solver

gmedlin0001 wrote:

Comcast sucks in general. I called about this issue and specifically told them not to send a refresh signal, they did it anyway ruining all of my recordings.

The frontline agents do not have the ability to do anything with your recordings. If they went missing they were probably already gone or corrupt.

Most Valued Poster

Did you ever get this issue fixed? Getting the same error on two mlb extra innings channels...
Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

New Poster

Can't see the moved to page, getting access denied. Is there any fix for this?
Expert

DanHitz26 wrote:
Can't see the moved to page, getting access denied. Is there any fix for this?

the post was 'removed' and reason given below the link.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

we've tried the whole prosess of dealing with this problem ,  comcast is coming to replace all out dated equitment ,  i 'll letcha all know how it went with XRE  03062

Expert

@joefromcocomo wrote:

we've tried the whole prosess of dealing with this problem ,  comcast is coming to replace all out dated equitment ,  i 'll letcha all know how it went with XRE  03062

the X1 equipment in your home communicates with each other through the coax cable using technology called MoCA (multi-media over Coax). the code you gave means one of your small boxes could not communicate with either an X1 DVR or an Xg2 device. How are your cables connected coming into your home? splitters? amp?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

all is fixed here ,  they replaced all of the coax cable and spitters through out the house , then removed a sound restrictor at the pole outside across the street that was put there by xfinity last week , my bad restricted signal here was disrupting the neighbors signal , is what i was told , o by the way , all of the coax through out the house was only 4 years old ,  you think it would last longer than that , but the shreaded coax cable from my pole going across the street is really old , but still good according to there specs , the tech person from comcast  was very nice and my pup liked him too