Community Forum

Error RDK-03003, HELP PLEASE!

New Poster

Error RDK-03003, HELP PLEASE!

I've been trying to self install my x1 box for 2 days now, after all the cables are connected and ready to turn on the box, I get an error message "RDK-03003, Something's not quite right., There seems to be a connection issue here, etc." I've done everything that I have read, googled and told by phone and on Live Chat, how to fix the problem, but nothing. I am still getting the same error message. I've Rebooted the box several times, called and chatted with Support, and nothing still. Xfinity's remedy to the problem is by sending out a tech to fix the problem, but not until the 11th of October. I can't waith that long, I want to watch tv like NOW, HELP PLEASE!  I want to see if there is something different than what I've been told on fixing this Error Connection Code RDK-03003.  Maybe I can fix this error before Oct. 11, 2015.  Oh by the way, I have a total of 4 boxes, but only 3 of them are constantly displaying the Error Code RDK-03003, the Living Room box is working, am able to watch tv, (when someone else isn't watching it) but that box keeps making the tv screen go black.  You can hear the program that is on tv, but you can't see nothing but a black screen.  Then after 5 minutes or so of that, the picture comes back, and we resume watching tv.  But 1/2 hour into the program, bamm, it goes black again.  Thank you, ahead of time, to everyone who are trying to help, thanks! 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Error RDK-03003, HELP PLEASE!

RDK-03003 means those X1 boxes have a really poor connection to the Comcast network.

Sorry but there is clearly a wiring or connection problem and you NEED the tech visit.

At this point it should be noted that the veteran members of this forum have been against self installation of X1 since the day it was announced.

Sorry but you should have opted for professional installation. You REALLY need a tech visit.

Newbie969 wrote:

I've been trying to self install my x1 box for 2 days now, after all the cables are connected and ready to turn on the box, I get an error message "RDK-03003, Something's not quite right., There seems to be a connection issue here, etc." I've done everything that I have read, googled and told by phone and on Live Chat, how to fix the problem, but nothing. I am still getting the same error message. I've Rebooted the box several times, called and chatted with Support, and nothing still. Xfinity's remedy to the problem is by sending out a tech to fix the problem, but not until the 11th of October. I can't waith that long, I want to watch tv like NOW, HELP PLEASE!  I want to see if there is something different than what I've been told on fixing this Error Connection Code RDK-03003.  Maybe I can fix this error before Oct. 11, 2015.  Oh by the way, I have a total of 4 boxes, but only 3 of them are constantly displaying the Error Code RDK-03003, the Living Room box is working, am able to watch tv, (when someone else isn't watching it) but that box keeps making the tv screen go black.  You can hear the program that is on tv, but you can't see nothing but a black screen.  Then after 5 minutes or so of that, the picture comes back, and we resume watching tv.  But 1/2 hour into the program, bamm, it goes black again.  Thank you, ahead of time, to everyone who are trying to help, thanks! 

Silver Problem Solver

Yes, like Rick said 03003 means you have little to no signal on those cable outlets.

Are you comfortable tracing wires, finding splitters, and maybe even rerunning lines entirely, throughout the entire house?

If so then we may be able to help. Otherwise, you need the tech. 

New Poster

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate your help.  And no, I'm not comfortable rewiring the entire house.  That's what I thought would happen, that the house would need to be rewired.  I had originally planned to have a tech come out and do the installation, but the rep on the phone said that it was really easy to do, boy was she wrong!  Never again will I do a self installation, I'd rather pay someone, once again, thank you so much for your response.Smiley Wink  

New Poster

Thank you so very much for your quick response and for your answer.  I had told the sales rep that I wanted a tech to come out and do the installation, but she told me it was very easy to do.  So I said, I would go ahead and do the self install, (way less expensive),  I was so frustrated and angry with myself because I was being cheap, trying to save a buck, opted to do the self installation,  instead of paying a tech to do it, got me nothing but a headache, (and also without tv service until Oct. 11th).  Well now a tech will have to come and do the installation.  The good thing that's come out of this mess, was since the rep said I could do it myself, and found out I couldn't, the support tech I spoke with today, is having the tech do the installation, at no cost to me.  The only thing is he won't be here until Oct. 11th. Once again, thank you so very much for your answer and quick response.Smiley Wink 

New Poster

Thank you to all who have responded to my question.  I really appreciate the help, God Bless and take care.

Silver Problem Solver

Newbie969 wrote:

the support tech I spoke with today, is having the tech do the installation, at no cost to me.  

Unless the agent took personal responsibility and said they will waive the fee, don't count on it. It's inside work, there's always a charge for that. It's also called a "failed self install", which Comcast also charges for, and the Service Protection Plan does not cover failed self installs. For me in Western PA, it can range from $25-90 depending on the services ordered, and is the same as if you opted for the professional install in the first place.

In regards to the date the tech is scheduled for, it's that far out because it's considered an install, and therefore, low priority, according to Comcast. You/Comcast can certainly keep looking for sooner dates though, if other customers cancel, perhaps.

New Poster

Well, I hope that's not the case, but thank you again for the info.  Low priority for installs, if I would've known, I'd never have signed with Xfinity (Comcast) I guess I'll be looking for a new tv subscriber, maybe satellite tv. Thanks again.

Official Employee