Community Forum

Error Code XRE 03056

New Poster

X1 Upgrade appears to be a downgrade.....

I haven't had this many issues ever.... Ever since we upgraded our boxes to the X1 boxes we have had to call the help line approximately already three times in one week!  That's more than we have called in the last two or three years.  Technician came out and now all of the channels are not working.  I don't know about this one......

New Poster

Re: channel problem

Look dude that's the truth and ur really rude. I tried fox 32 news and other channels and it doesn't work
New Poster

Why isn't Comcast customer service providing a statement about the outage and the ongoing work to fix it?  Is there really ongoing work to fix it?

New Poster

Re: X1 Upgrade appears to be a downgrade.....

I am getting basic channels but no others. Are you getting an xre03062 code.
Valued Contributor

We are currently having an outage at one of our main intake hubs. I will provide more information as I get it.

You may have trouble reaching 1-800-COMCAST and the majority of channels (aside from local channels) may kick back a tuning error.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

changing channels cannot get tnt usa A&E error xre03056

getting error message xre-03056  will not go to cable channels

New Poster

Only local channels coming in for Noblesville Indiana too
New Poster

I wish Comcast would post they are having technical problems instead of stating unable to find channel!

New Poster

Re: Error Code XRE 03056 Just Out Of The Blue Its Happening!!

Where is the outage area and ow long do we expect service to be out?  It's been over an hour already and I am unable to connect via phone or thru the ipad app with any service techs

Frequent Visitor

XRE03056

I can only get local stations.  This error message appears when I try to get other channels such as TCMHD or HBO.

Tried calling customer service either the line disconnects or the call does not go through.

Just upgraded to X1 and I are regretting I did this.

New Poster

Error code XRE 03056

I read it's a common code error with Comcast and the company has no answer to it.  It's error code XRE 03056 and after a 45 minute hold too them they couldn't ever put me through to technical support. I don't know if it will be fixed or not they told me there working on it.  All of us need to get together instead of just complaining and put a stop to this. There is strength in numbers this lousy customer service must stop.  I can't even find out what the code means. If I don't have it fixed very soon the Better Business Bureau will be contacted. 

New Poster

XRE 03056 Error

I get error code XRE 03056 on HD cable channels like 759. Can only get HD local channels like 704. Call 1-800-COMCAST and get know answer (wont pickup or busy signal). What is going on? Will COMCAST offer consideration for service that it doesn't provide?

Valued Contributor

@pissedofftooman wrote:

Where is the outage area and ow long do we expect service to be out?  It's been over an hour already and I am unable to connect via phone or thru the ipad app with any service techs

This is a national outage.  We currently do not have an ETA.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Valued Contributor

Hi.  We have started to restore services and channels that were lost during the outage.  You will continue to see things normalize in the very near future as we work hard to get back to 100%.  We truly appreciate your patience!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

sendj refresh signal

send refresh signal 

xfinity is more problematic than the rest of internet connectivity, which requires rebooting hourly.  Xfinity reverts to refresh within minutes or other error codes

New Poster

XRE-03056

I am having an issue on my Comcast Xfinity cable boxes.  We are getting (again) the error XRE-03056 on any channel except our local broadcast channels (in Beaverton/Aloha area in Oregon).  We get the XRE-03056 error and the cable boxes (we have three) go into a "reboot" cycle.

This always happens on a holiday and then clears-up the next day. Labor Day... Veteran's Day... Thanksgiving... Christmas... New Years... MLK holiday... and right now (on Presidents' Day holiday). 

I have called Xfinity for support and get absolutely no answer - the phone rings & rings & rings and then I am disconnected. Day after holidays in the past it is OK but I still call Xfinity so they know we had an issue and the person in support gets upset since the issue has been resolved saying I have no "right" to contact them.  After New Years Day, I was threatened with a $500 fee if I bothered support staff with this issue.  I requested a supervisor and was told NO!  (Yes I was stressed.)

What should I do?

Contributor

Re: XRE-03056

I first noticed it at 7:20 PST this morning that I was not able to go from a previously recorded program to, in this case, CNN at channel 744, and received instead that error XRE 03056 as others here have reported.

I tried rebooting the X1 box...twice actually, with the same result. My first thought, before panic set in, was to visit the Comcast Help and Support Forums and, sure enough, I find the issue is "universal"...it's NOT ME, it's "them".

So, knowing what I know now, I'll just wait for Comcast to resolve the issue at their end.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Gene Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

We are currently having an outage at one of our main intake hubs. I will provide more information as I get it.

You may have trouble reaching 1-800-COMCAST and the majority of channels (aside from local channels) may kick back a tuning error.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

error xre 03056

this error message comes up when I am trying to go into different channels.

New Poster

XRE 00021 Error Code

Have an error code XRE 00021 on TV.  Comcast Rep. says we have an internet virus.  Huh?  Is that possible?  What does the internet have to do with Cable TV? 

Frequent Visitor

Re: non local channels not working - no customer support help (phone or chat)

I was able to get through to a live person on the sales support using a landline. I I'm having the same problems that you are. I am able to access local channels only, surprisingly I can watch on demand with no problem, my phone service was not working earlier but it's working now. And my internet is working. The only information the sales agent could give me is that the outage or technical issues that they are experiencing are national and they are working on it. I also got a notification on X 1 through the help menu using the outages notification app, and up until about a half hour ago which would be 10:30 Minnesota time, said that there were multiple outages in my area that has been reported and they were trying to fix the problem by 2 o'clock p.m. my time. Hope this helps. One of my biggest pet peeves about comcast is when there is some type of outage and you try and call or try and get a sales agent all you seem to get is hung up on or sorry we're busy and talk to it later which usually means talk to us when the problem is solved. For me any information is better than no information. Hope this helps man good luck
Frequent Visitor

Usually when you get hung up on or it automatically hangs up on you using a landline or your cell phone means that their circuits are overloaded which stinks. I always ask for some type of refund or rebate and if I do not get one I demand to talk to a supervisor because you are paying for a service that you are not receiving and if they cannot put a simple message either on the website or on there Internet, then I think 15 - $20 is A way to satisfy my time spent trying to contact them, and nobody should feel sorry about that. If they give customer disservice then they should pay for it
Frequent Visitor

Thank you Nick you are the man.
New Poster

I unpluged the XR8 out of the back of the box and it fixed my XRE 03056 error code.Hope this helps.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for letting us know. It's the not knowing that drives customers cray-cray!

New Poster

If it is a known issue and we can't get ahold of support can we get the OE (outage refernce number) so we can ensure we get a credit for this? I have been told by numerous of people that unless we call we probably won't receive the credit during the outage.

Thank you.
New Poster

xre-03056

error xre-03056?

New Poster

Unable to access numerous channels

Numerous channels give us XRE-03056 error when selecting the channels.  After resetting it all, went to the comcast website which has a splash page that states "we're working to make your experience even better".   Wow, really? Better should not include preventing the majority of channels to not be accessible. Especially when we pay over 200/month in the first place.  The links for chat and support are not even an option so no customer support is being provided either.  Nice.

Tags (1)
website snapshot.JPG
Regular Visitor

TV OUT NO TECH SUPPORT AVAILABLE

My TV is out and getting XRE03056. I've been trying to call 866-594-1234 and 800-266-2278 but keep getting busy signal on both numbers. I tried on my cell phone and landlinde. I can't even get help with the issue. Any other numbers I can call?

New Poster

What is an XR8

New Poster

Im having the same problem again for the second time . It happenned about 2 mos ago . Had to go get a new X1 box to no avail . Had a tech comeout and he said the cable coming out of the wall was bad , but now its doing it again . Im so tired of paying $160 a month and getting such shoddy service . Obviously it wasnt the cable wire . Over the last year I have dealt with so much bs from comcast . They are horrible . Seems like the bill goes up every 3 mos for one reason or another and then when you call and ask them why , they say they will lower your bill and it never matches up to what they tell you on the phone . So tired of comcast and their shoddy service. I'm switching to AT&T , its much cheaper since I have my cell account with them .

Silver Problem Solver

Comcast had an outage today.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: TV OUT NO TECH SUPPORT AVAILABLE

Comcast had an outage today.  Just wait and it will come  back.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I had the same error and I tried numerous times trying to call Comcasts main number and it was doing the old school busy signal, so I called every other number than finally I called. 1866-671-5645, and that call went through and the customer service female tried to call the local comcast office to see if there are any outages in the area, I told her good luck the phone lines are down.

She than got back to me and verified what I was telling her was the truth.

She than did a reactivation on my xfinity platform and fixed the issue. So, apparently this box needs to be reactivated every couple of months from a Comcast Employee. Why dont they just come out and be honest and tell us, theses X1R DVRS are nothing but a computer. Thats why it need to be on all of the time so it can except updates just like a computer. The amount of money we are paying for and employeeing these people atleas the Customer Service should be alot more professional and be here more for the milliions of residentials that are paying for this service.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Unable to access numerous channels

Comcast had an outage today.  It's back now.

Contributor

Me too...

I first noticed it at 7:20 a.m. PST this morning that I was not able to switch from a previously recorded program that I was watching to, in this case, CNN HD at channel 744, and received instead that error XRE 03056 as others here have reported.

I tried rebooting the X1 box...twice actually, with the same result. My first thought, before panic set in, was to visit these Comcast Help and Support Forums and, sure enough, I find the issue is "universal" (system wide/national outage)...

It's somewhat of a relief to know it's NOT ME, it's "them".

So, knowing what I know now, I'll just wait for Comcast to resolve the issue at their end (sooner rather than later I hope).

Thanks for the heads-up.

Gene Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error Code XRE 03056

FYI - all of our channels are back after two hours.  Didn't do anything, so I'm guessing the problem has been fixed?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Error Code XRE 03056

Yes.  Comcast had an outage today.  It's back now.

New Poster

Its the small reciever for the remote that you can plug in the back of the cable box.It alows you to use the remote anywhere without pointing it at the box.

New Poster

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@pissedofftooman wrote:

This is a national outage.  We currently do not have an ETA.

Any idea about when it started?  Is it an update or just an outage?

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

I don't know if it is related to the latest round of updates but I have been getting a lot of "Channel available with subscription" outages lately in fact 5 of them in the last 3 weeks. This includes a previously referenced 10 minute outage of CBS during the Superbowl. Now, this morning I lost everything but local channels for two hours and Bunglecast wouldn't answer their phone. The Bunglecast web page was unresponsive and finally as I was filling out a Microsoft support survey I got a web page that explained Bunglecast was installing something and service should be restored soon. 2 hours with nothing but channels I could get from a digital antenna.

BOGUS !

I don't know what Bunglecast is doing on the back end but service the last few weeks  has been abysmal.

New Poster

ComcastNeal - Thank you for the updates. IMO, what Comcast needs to do is to post zipcodes impacted by outages (% of channels impacted). IMO, being proactive like that is much better than being reactive!

But still, cable boxes in our home show the XRE-03056 error and then show "boot" on the physical boxes when I try to navigate to HD chanels that are not local.  And many SD channels are still not tunable w/o error XRE-03056.  The "boot" message shows only when tying at access HD channels that are not local. This is at approx 9:25am PST.

I will keep trying...

Regular Contributor

@Jimn3767 wrote:
If it is a known issue and we can't get ahold of support can we get the OE (outage refernce number) so we can ensure we get a credit for this? I have been told by numerous of people that unless we call we probably won't receive the credit during the outage.

Thank you.

You shouldn't need a reference number.  The system keeps track of outages.  You are correct that they won't credit you unless you call.  One time I called and the system showed that my area had outages on 4 different days so they credited me for 4 days of service.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Comcast Neal posted in another thread that they had a problem with one of their main servers, but it seems like everything is starting to come back online now.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: sendj refresh signal

Do you have a specific TV equipment question?  This is the TV equipment forum section.

Expert
Moved:

Re: sendj refresh signal

Post Removed. No reference or quote to support the reply.

Expert

@hill_bomb wrote:

I unpluged the XR8 out of the back of the box and it fixed my XRE 03056 error code.Hope this helps.

you can swapout that rng150 (1st generation equipment) with 3rd generation equipment that has full native RF and voice control functions and is very fast in response by swapping at your local office for an XG2 and if you have more rng150's swap them for up to 3 more xi3's or xiD's. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

AGAIN--"error xre 03056'

For the third straight morning, I'm unable to get several channels due to the "error XRE 03056" issue. Rebooting does NOT HELP. 

I cannot wait for the day our town has another HD alternative. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: AGAIN--"error xre 03056'

Call Customer Service and schedule a tech visit.

4-877-896-8678

Regular Contributor

Re: AGAIN--"error xre 03056'

I called that number, got a recording that said "we're working to restore service in your area" and was disconnected. I was not given the option of scheduling a tech visit.

These outages have lasted for various times, but they keep coming back.