Community Forum

Error Code XRE 03056

Regular Visitor

Error Code XRE 03056

Anybody familar with this error code. It appears when I'm trying to access the MLB/Center Ice Package bank of channels in Memphis area. Had a tech try to reboot and send refresh signal 3 times with no results. It also comes with error message that reads: Unable to access your selection. Check back in a few minutes. I've lost count and techs know jack diddly squat about error code. 

Anyone else experiencing this?

It's on all 4 boxes - not just the X! DVR receiver.  HELP

Official Employee

Re: Error Code XRE 03056

I'm pretty sure that's a billing issue. Check your private messages.
New Poster

I have the same issue; just got the service installed today and A LOT of channels have that XRE-03056 message; I've just rebooted the DVR and the issue continues; it is definitely not a billing issue in my case.

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Silver Problem Solver

Maybe it is an entitlement issue.

rdflynnsky wrote:

I have the same issue; just got the service installed today and A LOT of channels have that XRE-03056 message; I've just rebooted the DVR and the issue continues; it is definitely not a billing issue in my case.

ComcastAndrew wrote:

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

I received the same error message after purchasing the Mayweather fight. Apparently no one in customer service can fix this. Any help would be appreciated. I have done several hard resets to no avail.

New Poster

Same here...it was that time of the month again for comcast to demonstrate why it's one of the worst companies/services in existence. Thank the lord for monopolies...
New Poster

same here!! for 3 hours! Can't get anyone on the phone either! I keep getting disconnected after entering in all my info!!!! it's bull!!!

New Poster

Same here, ordered the fight and now I keep getting this error message.
New Poster

Same here.  They keep telling me it's an outage in my area and although I am not the only one experiencing difficulty in my area, there are people who are still able to watch the fight.  Will probably be going cable free starting on Monday. 

Silver Problem Solver

This is a user-to-user forum with Comcast moderators.

Call Comcast to complain.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

RobertWy wrote:

Call Comcast to complain.

I called "Comcast to complain" again when it happened to me again last night. This is at least the third time this year I've had this problem with MLB Xtra Innings. A month or so ago, it took them six days to get it fixed. Last night, after over a frustrating hour on the phone with Comcast, the tech assigned a ticket number and said someone would call me today.

I have found that calling Comcast has become a lot like playing the lottery. Seldom do you get a winning ticket.

Regular Visitor

I get this code, juse trying to watch normal programing. Like 9, 7, or 4. xre-03056, then it gives the error code xre-00021. So this is how Comcast can swindle the monies out of the work people.

Yes, I have called the tech and customer service team several times over the las 16 months about their precious X1 boxes. Have had to replace the box 3 times. over 2 dozen techs, swap out my splitters, cable ends, cable from wall to equipment. Replaced the cable from the wall to their diverter box, and still have the same issues.

So again, we all pay the HIGH PRICE of quality service of Cable, but get stiffed with the bill, NO service.

Gold Problem Solver

WhtWlf80120 wrote:

I get this code, juse trying to watch normal programing. Like 9, 7, or 4. xre-03056, then it gives the error code xre-00021. So this is how Comcast can swindle the monies out of the work people.

Yes, I have called the tech and customer service team several times over the las 16 months about their precious X1 boxes. Have had to replace the box 3 times. over 2 dozen techs, swap out my splitters, cable ends, cable from wall to equipment. Replaced the cable from the wall to their diverter box, and still have the same issues.

So again, we all pay the HIGH PRICE of quality service of Cable, but get stiffed with the bill, NO service.

Keep calling into Comcast.  You should not be having these issues and the TECHs who visited should have escalated this up the chain....  Something is wrong and it may be with the infrastrucure outside your residence...   Very surprised you were not informed of the problem.

Persistence is everything sometimes....  

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Regular Visitor

Did a internet chat with a rep, was told I could swap for a legacy model instead of x1 model. So I am going back to old school, since it seems x1 is having so many issues across the boards.

Gold Problem Solver

WhtWlf80120 wrote:

Did a internet chat with a rep, was told I could swap for a legacy model instead of x1 model. So I am going back to old school, since it seems x1 is having so many issues across the boards.

While I undertstand your decision, X1 is a reliable, solid platform once all issue(s) are identified and addressed.  Sorry to see you go!   Good luck!

-=Ray=-

Regular Visitor

Ok, How long does it take for all the issue to be correct @ $179..99 a month cost. This is what I get billed just for the cable package, then you add the rental fee of the equipments. For 16 months of around $200 a month, that comes to $3200 for a service and equipments that has issues. Not to mention all the time I have to take off from work to meet a tech, run to the pay center to swap equipments, the frustration of trying to watch something, only to be greeted with a error message. Then you set up the dvr to record shows, and it choose to record at time only 1 min, recorded the full show, but kicks you out when trying to watch it.

I am sorry, but comcast/xfinity has been going down hill in service quality, and raising in price. I guess this is the companies way of trying to make up for the spotty services of the x1. If I had an owner that could let the resident of the apartment complex get dish that would be great. I have had less issue with satellite than I have with x1.

Of course then there is Centry link, who promise a Prism tv. Which guess what........ Not available in my area at this time. Yet not more that 100 feet, the complexes next door that surround my building, has it.

Seems like total BS that the 2 companies we are allowed to have are having issues just in my apartment complex.

Just does not make sense.

Silver Problem Solver

We have seen constant issues with apartment complexes as long as I have been following this forum two years ago.

New Poster

I've been having the same problem XRE-03056 since I bought a smart TV. In fact, I only have the problem with the smart TV, the other 2 TVs at home work just fine. I was thinking of calling COMCAST but after reading about the "pleasant" and "productive" experiencias most of you had, I think I'll rather navigate on the interrnet.

Miguel

Silver Problem Solver

I have a Samsung 3D SmartTV.  It works with my X1 DVR just fine.

You MAY have a wiring problem with your TV - loose, not seated, etc.

New Poster

I like many others have repeated issue with XRE 03056 on two of my three x1 boxes.  The only one that works is my smart tv with the dvr box. It is obivious with all of the complaints it is an equipment or programming issue.  Some posts go back to May and still no solution from Comcast.

Gold Problem Solver

alyce7g wrote:

I like many others have repeated issue with XRE 03056 on two of my three x1 boxes.  The only one that works is my smart tv with the dvr box. It is obivious with all of the complaints it is an equipment or programming issue.  Some posts go back to May and still no solution from Comcast.

You did not state the model number of those boxes, but if they are Xi3s, then your issue may be the internal wiring.  The Xi3 communicates with the DVR for its operability.  If not Xi3 signal level will play a great part in successful watching of the X1 platform.  Either way, you should call into Comcast, explain your issues and request a Tech onsite to diganose and make the repairs necessary for you to enjoy your X1 system.

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

New Poster

As stated by the Moderators.... Theses are account issues which prevent the channels from working, Unfotunatly it takes the correct rep to be able to fix theses problems.

New Poster

This is a weekly thing and it only happens during Thursday Night Football on the NFL channel. It lets me watch the game, goes to commercial, tries to go back to the game but kicks me off the channel. It then sends me back to my previous channel. I try to go back to the game and get this code. After a few minutes, I get back to the game. Then it repeats throughout the game. This is the only time I experience it. When the game is over, no problems! I have called every week for a month and get the same thing. Reset box. Nothing else we can do.

New Poster

Finding a correct rep is unacceptable. Are we to just suck it up? These are bad business practices that need to be addressed and solved. Enabling a substandard process neither helps nor draws attention to the problem. For 230 dollars a month, this should not be an issue. Please refrain from telling people to repeat a redundant action and in essence "suck it up".

New Poster

This is not a billing issue. It's a signal and offline issue. - even tho your X1 box is on and playing it can still be red labeled - which is unrechable. I am having the same issue and its a signal issue - my is changing channels by itself after freezing 

New Poster

Had them come out and test everything. All was perfect. Still had the problem until they changed the remote to the new version with voice activation. No problem since. Hope this helps those who are having this issue!

New Poster

I am still having the problem with the voice activated remote as well. I keep calling and they just keep refreshing the signal and rebooting but nothing works. The error keeps coming back.  HELP!!! This is unacceptable for the amount of money we pay every month!

Silver Problem Solver

fyc2000 wrote:

I am still having the problem with the voice activated remote as well. I keep calling and they just keep refreshing the signal and rebooting but nothing works. The error keeps coming back.  HELP!!! This is unacceptable for the amount of money we pay every month!

Schedule a Comcast tech visit.

1-800-xfinity

Frequent Visitor

We have a new X1 DVR with voice remote, installed 3 days ago. There were a few hiccups getting all services to work (eg On Demand) but we got it sorted out. Then yesterday and today we've had trouble with normal (not PPV) live programming after skipping back with the replay (-15 sec) or page down (-5 min) buttons. It freezes, then sometimes comes back and other times displays the XRE-03056 error (I didn't note the code the first couple of times but assume it was the same). Then it reverts to live programming. On two occasions this meant we lost the ability to view the rest of the program which had ended. Sometimes after this happens the Guide and Xfinity buttons lose functionality and I have to power off the box, then it takes a while before it will power up again. I rebooted the system a little while ago but I don't think it fixed the problem.

As I was writing this and watching live TV, the image froze and error XRE-03044 came up. Then it rebooted on its own.

Not too impressed with X1.

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

judithouimet wrote:

We have a new X1 DVR with voice remote, installed 3 days ago. There were a few hiccups getting all services to work (eg On Demand) but we got it sorted out. Then yesterday and today we've had trouble with normal (not PPV) live programming after skipping back with the replay (-15 sec) or page down (-5 min) buttons. It freezes, then sometimes comes back and other times displays the XRE-03056 error (I didn't note the code the first couple of times but assume it was the same). Then it reverts to live programming. On two occasions this meant we lost the ability to view the rest of the program which had ended. Sometimes after this happens the Guide and Xfinity buttons lose functionality and I have to power off the box, then it takes a while before it will power up again. I rebooted the system a little while ago but I don't think it fixed the problem.

As I was writing this and watching live TV, the image froze and error XRE-03044 came up. Then it rebooted on its own.

Not too impressed with X1.

You are experiencing classic X1 signal issues.   SIgnals for X1 need to be of a higher quality than with legacy cable.  The issue affecting your signal could be inside or outside and a Tech onsite can evaluate and make the necessary repairs to get your X1 running smoothly.  Suggest you call into Comcast and request a TECH visit to fix the problems.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.   Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you. 
******* Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with
RED lettered User Names. *******

New Poster

I had two technicians come out and tell them everything looked fine.

Gold Problem Solver

fyc2000 wrote:

I had two technicians come out and tell them everything looked fine.

Not all Techs are created equal.  Your system can't be that "fine" if you're still experiencing issues.  Get another Tech onsite, preferably a Comcast Tech and not a sub-contracted Tech.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.   Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you. 
******* Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with
RED lettered User Names. *******

Frequent Visitor

geek46 wrote:
You are experiencing classic X1 signal issues.   SIgnals for X1 need to be of a higher quality than with legacy cable.  The issue affecting your signal could be inside or outside and a Tech onsite can evaluate and make the necessary repairs to get your X1 running smoothly.  Suggest you call into Comcast and request a TECH visit to fix the problems.

Thanks geek46. When I spoke with Comcast customer service yesterday the person checked my connection said the signal was good. I got the same result ("Good") when I checked it at my end. But a tech visit has been scheduled. (I had to chuckle when the service person said they would waive the fee.)

Official Employee

judithouimet wrote:

geek46 wrote:

Thanks geek46. When I spoke with Comcast customer service yesterday the person checked my connection said the signal was good. I got the same result ("Good") when I checked it at my end. But a tech visit has been scheduled. (I had to chuckle when the service person said they would waive the fee.)

All of your signal isn't good. Your upstream signal is sitting at a 57 dbmv( way out of spec) and your downstream is at a -10 dbmv ( might as well be out of spec). Non-X1 related but your modem is also out of spec. Since you did the Self Install, check your splitter configuration, and reduce/remove what you don't need or use, what worked for your Legacy equipment may not work for the X1 platform.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Andrew. Since my last post things have gone from bad to worse. We have been unable to use our X1 DVR since Friday, when I ran into the previous problem. This time I got error message RDK-03032 (trouble connecting to the X1 platform), then the box rebooted itself and it hung up at the point where it connects to the X1 platform (PSt on the display), then I got the "Something's not quite right, there seems to be a connection issue" message (RDK-03004). Same behavior since, after a call to customer service and many unplug/replug cycles. (I've also rebooted the cable modem, to no effect.) We have a tech scheduled to come out this morning.

I should note that all of our splitters were installed by a Comcast technician during one of our cable modem upgrades. All are tight, but two lines go to unused wall outlets so we can probably eliminate them for now.

We'll see what the tech comes up with.

Frequent Visitor

Update: The tech installed an amplifier on the line (indoors), and all is working now! He also issued a ticket for some outside work on the line, to strengthen the signal coming into the house. I suppose at that point I won't need the inside amplifier, but neglected to ask.

New Poster

channel problem

Is anyone else having problems with channels just not working? I tried to turn on Fox 32 news but it told me it ran into problems but won't let me read it. What's weird is that it does it only on double and triple number channels. Can someone help
Tags (1)
New Poster

Well in a month of having service this is the 2nd time

Phone number doesn't work - tried for an hour so far got "all circuts are busy" and hangs up

Website not working can't get help that way either 

Guess It's back to DirecTV and Windstream for me..

Contributor

Re: Error Code XRE 03056 Just Out Of The Blue Its Happening!!

Receieved this code on everything (channel) but, the default weather channel keeps popping on...I have read that this is a billing issue by others.So what are they saying comcast intensionally does this to generate a call from the customer, then does you owe bit...Please tell me its not true no company uses those types of tactics ?? If I found out that was true I would cancel my service and put the money in my 401k instead. Hopfullu just a minor issue??

New Poster

Re: channel problem

only local channels available in Clarkston, MI

Regular Visitor

Same here this morning in Highlands Ranch, CO

Error code is xre-03056

I also notice that xfinity's website is taking forever to load my account information. Other websites are working just fine, only xfinity is fubar.

Valued Contributor

fhertlein wrote:

Same here this morning in Highlands Ranch, CO

Error code is xre-03056

I also notice that xfinity's website is taking forever to load my account information. Other websites are working just fine, only xfinity is fubar.

Hi.  We are aware of the issue and we are working quickly to resolve it.  Thanks!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Neal --  Is that as much information as you can provide, or is what is going on a secret?

Valued Contributor

Hi.  We are currently experiencing an issue with some video feeds.  We are working to correct this issue as quickly as possible.  Thanks for your patience!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

If it's only a video feed problem, why can't I log on to my account?  Why does the Comcast number doesn't answer and it says all circuits busy? 

Frequent Visitor

Was typing my complaint about this error when I saw the other replies today. Error pops up for all cable channels, but we can view local channcels.  Also cannot access support or my account online.  I did call, but gave up after being on hold 20 minutes.

Valued Contributor

nicknack416 wrote:

If it's only a video feed problem, why can't I log on to my account?  Why does the Coimcast number doesn't answe and it says all circuits busy? 

Hi.  We are currently taking high call volume and heavy congestion due to the outage.  Thank for reaching out.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

non local channels not working - no customer support help (phone or chat)

All non local channels on our cable are showing the one moment please messages (for the last hour) on all boxes. Ondemand also not working. Tried contacting muliple phone numbers and nothing happens, just rings until disconnected. Live chat is also not working (I have been waiting for an analysist for 45 minutes). What is going on?

New Poster

error code xre04065

First off all I'm tired of getting error codes all the time and no answers second Comcast customer service is a joke ! I have called all morning and it rings for about 2 minutes and disconnects I tried calling my local place and it gives me an option for help and it then hangs up! I shouldn't have to pay for this to not work and no help
New Poster

Same here in Oregon. Customer support isn't available either