Community Forum

Error Code XRE 03044

Contributor

Error Code XRE 03044

The last two DVR's I have received from Comcast/Xfinity have had the same problem. The DVR repeatedly reboots up to at least 5 times a day!  Most times if I just leave it alone after the cable video just freezes, it tries to reconnect but fails and displays the Error Code XRE-03044. Something about not being able to tune to the channel I've lost.

I spoke with a DVR Video support rep at Comcast today and he did a firmware upgrade on the DVR. Not more than an HOUR went by before the DVR did the same thing.

Sometimes I also see the error that My DVR is full, even though I've only recorded 27% of the total space. It doesn't even matter how much space I have left. I often see this message. In fact, the DVR was rebooting on it's own while I write this, the cable video came back, then I just looked over and saw the "Your DVR is Full...." message. 

Is there a ghost in my DVR where hidden recordings reside? 
This is the 2nd box, same model, same problem only this is worse.  

PLEASE HELP ME! I've had several Tech and Service people out here since they broke my TV during an install and issued a refund.

I need Retention or something because NOTHING and NOBODY has been able to help.  The increasing number of problems I've had since I signed up for the Special X1 Triple Play Premier package probably 2 years ago have cost me much frustration and anger at Comcast. Before X1, using my own modem and router, I was FINE!!!

Official Employee

Re: Error Code XRE 03044

If you hook up the dvr at the location of the secondary box, do you get the same message? That will tell you if it's the box or the cable outlet.
Contributor

ComcastAndrew wrote:
If you hook up the dvr at the location of the secondary box, do you get the same message? That will tell you if it's the box or the cable outlet.

My second box is just a digital converter, not a DVR.

Official Employee

True, an RNG 150, it uses the same signals as the dvr. If you have the same error with the dvr in that location, you know it's the box, if you don't have that error in that location with the dvr there, you know it's something with the cable outlet that the dvr was on originally
Contributor

ComcastAndrew wrote:

I don't see my reply to your suggestion. So I'll type it again.

First of all, my second box is not a DVR, just a digital converter.
Second, I don't always get that message, sometimes cable just freezes and nothing happens unless I reboot the DVR. Otherwise, it just reboots itself. 
Third, I don't just get the XRE-03044 message, I also get a message periodically that My DVR is full, when it is not.
Fourth, I called X1 Video Rep today and he supposedly did a Firmware upgrade but when I check the information it still says May 30th.  As a result of the so called Firmware upgrade today, I am no longer seeing the messages I used to when typing in a channel that has an HD equivilent at the top right of the screen. I don't get any messages. 
This is now the 3rd time since about 3pm Eastern that the DVR has rebooted. 
The only thing he helped me with was getting my XR5 remote to control my 'secondary' digital converter so that I could setup the Xfinity guide. I haven't been able to watch that TV since 3 boxes ago.
When they installed this DVR and a new v3 Wireless Gateway, they replaced all my video/hdmi, etc cables. 
He never even offered me a discount for the lack of Xfinity service on my digital converter in my bedroom.
The previous DVR, same model/different DVR, had the same exact problem, only this DVR reboots at least 5 times a day.  
Also, it never asks me to update, nor do I see it do automatic updates.  I've checked all the settings and can't find that specific setting anymore.

Please HELP?

Contributor

My digital converter is not an RNG 150 it is a 

PR150BNMD

Nancy

Contributor

I also notice when I logon to My Account on my laptop, go to the DVR Manager then DVR Settings, the only Box I can set as default is my 'secondary' digital converter. I am UNABLE to set my main DVR box where I set my recordings as DEFAULT.  
I tried to explain that on the phone but he didn't understand the web interface.

Nancy

Official Employee

My digital converter is not an RNG 150 it is a
PR150BNMD

It's the same thing
Official Employee

Third, I don't just get the XRE-03044 message, I also get a message periodically that My DVR is full

It looks like the Cloud DVR side is full, not the actual hard drive. Send a private message to ComcastNick and he can look deeper at that end

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/user-id/5870694/tab/personal-profile%3Alogin
Contributor

Contributor

I can't hook it up to my digital receiver box. It's on another floor & I am unable to physically make that jappen with my health issues.
I called x1 Video support and they have been applying firmware to my DVR. No error msgs lately but still getting DVR is Full messages. I looked online where you can set your default DVR and my digital converter is set as the default DVR instead of my real DVR. It doesn't give me the ability to change it so my actual DVR is Default for scheduling or anything else.
Silver Problem Solver

There is a difference between a digital converter and an X1 STB.

Is yours any one of these?

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box/

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

I get this error code all the time in my den and sometimes the main dvr freezes in the living for a few seconds. but yeah its happening on probably all my boxes and just so tired of people coming out to fix it and not actually fixing it and charging us when on the phone they say we won't be charged.

Problem Solver

funkdoctor,

I am sorry that you are having the issue with your box freezing and getting the error message. When these issue happen you can powercycle your box by unplugging it for a few seconds and then plugging it back in. This should correct the issue. If you have any further questions feel free to reach back out to us.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Got this message last night and this am, hold time 1+, rebooted several times, checked cables, Amazon fire works fine.  

any solution ion short of getting a new box?

Official Employee

New Poster

I replaced the box on my 2nd TV last night with a new small box so I could get the voice remote and enable Netflix...the picture continually freezes and I get the error code XRE03044 the Tech Support guy said it appears my cable is intermittently looking for the older box and possibly until the old box has been returned to Comcast and removed from the system I may continue with this problem OR it may decide to sync up with my main box and clear on it's own...so far it has not cleared itself...the Tech will call me back in a few days and if still freezing we will schedule an appointment..I would like to know what that code indicates

Gold Problem Solver

Google is a very valuable tool:

https://www.google.com/#q=xre-03044+error

granymurf wrote:

I replaced the box on my 2nd TV last night with a new small box so I could get the voice remote and enable Netflix...the picture continually freezes and I get the error code XRE03044 the Tech Support guy said it appears my cable is intermittently looking for the older box and possibly until the old box has been returned to Comcast and removed from the system I may continue with this problem OR it may decide to sync up with my main box and clear on it's own...so far it has not cleared itself...the Tech will call me back in a few days and if still freezing we will schedule an appointment..I would like to know what that code indicates

New Poster

Wow, I have the EXACT same problem.  So many techs, so many reboots, so many unplugs, and the problem continues.

Expert

IMCasey2U wrote:

Wow, I have the EXACT same problem.  So many techs, so many reboots, so many unplugs, and the problem continues.

to which post are you replying?  what is the model number of the set top box that is givng you the error?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

That’s Comcast’s resolution to everything, how about you figure out how to make the boxes work constantly. My bill is 250 month, and our service works when it wants. Of course the the train of thought is “well we’ve replaced all of our equipment, so it’s gotta be in your walls”. So now, the only box in my house that’s wired in is the main box, I’m now paying extra for WiFi boxes. Yay!!!
Expert

AndrewWoodruff wrote:
That’s Comcast’s resolution to everything, how about you figure out how to make the boxes work constantly. My bill is 250 month, and our service works when it wants. Of course the the train of thought is “well we’ve replaced all of our equipment, so it’s gotta be in your walls”. So now, the only box in my house that’s wired in is the main box, I’m now paying extra for WiFi boxes. Yay!!!

you posted in an older thread. did you actually need help? are you getting the 03044 error code? have you called into 800-Comcast, selected cable TV and had them run the Einstein interactive Troubleshooting guide on each on your set top box and modem? Did the representative give you guidance after getting the test results?

New Poster

This is ridiculous. Been getting error code XRE-03044 for 2 months and comcast does nothing.  I HAVE HAD IT WITH COMCAST.

The picture freezes now about 10 times per hour for about 15-30 seconds and then up pops error code XRE-03044 and works for 5 min. and same problem all over again. It sometimes changes the channel to the last channel watched and nobody seems to care even when I talk about leaving after 30+ years. "Talk to LOYALTY DEPT." I have been told about 10 times which does not exist. Last 2 times I asked for transcript of our conversation and they dis-connected. NO TRANSCRIPT

Expert

carguy13 wrote:

This is ridiculous. Been getting error code XRE-03044 for 2 months and comcast does nothing.  I HAVE HAD IT WITH COMCAST.

The picture freezes now about 10 times per hour for about 15-30 seconds and then up pops error code XRE-03044 and works for 5 min. and same problem all over again. It sometimes changes the channel to the last channel watched and nobody seems to care even when I talk about leaving after 30+ years. "Talk to LOYALTY DEPT." I have been told about 10 times which does not exist. Last 2 times I asked for transcript of our conversation and they dis-connected. NO TRANSCRIPT

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XRE-03044-Error/m-p/2901912/highlight/true#M128540

New Poster

I have having the same issue since I changed my old box to the new one, the main box works fine, however, my other, two boxes that supposed to connect to the main box give me this error at least 20 times a day, I have change the main box to every outlet to see if anything change, so far nothing, now there is a tech coming, and of course there will be a charge, I did not have this issue before, just wanted to add a new HD box to my house and ended up with no cable whatsoever, please think before you change your old box, rather have an old and good box than a new one that’s doesn’t work.
Very upset after years being a Comcast customer
523CA176-1FE8-464E-9CF0-09B7E8E344DA.jpeg
Official Employee

The boxes use moca to communicate. Can you give any kind of detail on your in house wiring, amps, splitters, etc. What worked for your previous equipment may not work for the X1 platform