Community Forum

Error Code RDK-03003

Regular Visitor

Error Code RDK-03003

So we have been getting this error code on all of our TV's lately. I've called comcast several times to no avail.

The problem is the internet and phone will both stop working and then this error code pops up. It corrects itself and works fine most of the day and then all of a sudden it stops working again. It always seems to stop working aorund the same time (Around 6:00pm Eastern time)

The 1st time this happened the comcast rep told me that this error code was telling them it was originating from the modem and she directed me to the internet person who then had me unplug the modem and plug it back in. Doing this solved the problem. The next day it did it again so I unplugged the modem plugged it back in and it worked. This has been happening for a week and ahalf now where sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.

Well last night it happened again and I unplugged the modem plugge dit back in but this time it did not help. The pictures ont he TV were on but you could not change the channel without that error code popping up. I woke up this monring and it was working again.

I had comcast send me a new modem to see if that is the problem. Should be here Friday so hopefuly that solves the issue.

Anyone else have issues like this? if so did you have a sevice tech come out? if s what did they tell you was the problem?

I want to add this did not start happening until the last update they sent out to us that I accepted. So could be it be somthign to do with the most recent update? If so is there a way to rever it back to the previous update?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Error Code RDK-03003

RDK 03003 means those particular boxes have a horrible (unusable) connection to the Comcast network.

An on-site technician should be able to troubleshoot the problem and fix. Highly unlikely it will get fixed over the phone.
Regular Visitor

I guess what baffle sme is that it just started to happen. Everything was fine one day and then the next it wasn't. Also it is strange that most of the day it works without any issues but then all of sudden it doesnt but sometimes you wait 30 minutes and it works again other times it doesn't fix itself for a few hours. Very Strange and very annoying.

I'm hopinh it an be resolved without a tech comming out so that I don't have to take time off from work to get it fixed. All would be fine if they will remiburse me the time it wasn't working,

Anyway hopefuly the new modem wil help out. The last time the tech had come out they installed a booster box in the basement so I suppsoe that could be the culprit as well.

Gold Problem Solver

Things change. Connections degrade and fail, especially outside. As an example, six years ago my cable TV was pixeling like crazy and my internet was turtle slow. Ends up the kid that mowed my yard hit the Comcast box in the yard with the lawn mower so hard that he damaged connections inside the box.

When troubleshooting electronics you cannot go by "nothing has changed" or "it has always worked". Things can and do change. We may simply not be aware of it.

ccsej wrote:

I guess what baffle sme is that it just started to happen. Everything was fine one day and then the next it wasn't. Also it is strange that most of the day it works without any issues but then all of sudden it doesnt but sometimes you wait 30 minutes and it works again other times it doesn't fix itself for a few hours. Very Strange and very annoying.

I'm hopinh it an be resolved without a tech comming out so that I don't have to take time off from work to get it fixed. All would be fine if they will remiburse me the time it wasn't working,

Anyway hopefuly the new modem wil help out. The last time the tech had come out they installed a booster box in the basement so I suppsoe that could be the culprit as well.

Official Employee

Hello ccsej, the information that @RickGr4 is 100% correct the error that you see is a signal issue dealing with your internet not connecting to your cable box. To remedy this issue please unplug your modem and then all of your cable equipment, once everything is disconnected please plug in your modem first and wait for it to full load. Once the modem is up and working please plug back in your cable equipment, this should clear up your error by allowing the cable equipment and modem to establish a stronger connection through your home network. If this does not clear up the error message an on-site tech is required. 

New Poster

I found out that I accidentally received a box for a nearby area, but not my actual service area. The tech at the first store did not know there was a difference. When I got the box for my correct service area, it worked immediately. 

Note: I called tech support and chatted online with a different person and neither thought to mention it. So, if you live in an area adjacent to another comcast area it's worth a try to switch the box.

New Poster

When you see this error and resetting the box and checking connections doesn’t help, log on to xfinity customer support’s website or better yet, go there first! I did this and it said xfinity was preforming an update and that service would be restored shortly. I didn’t need to do anything. (After I spent an hour resetting boxes, checking cables and reading online, instead of going directly to customer service.) Wish xfinity would have just put up a different message to read preforming maintenance. Hope this helps someone else.
New Poster

You have a power cord that powers the outside box in your house unplug that box not the modem. That will most likely fix it