Community Forum

ESPN3 now available on X1?

Contributor

ESPN3 now available on X1?

I saw a commerical yesterday that said ESPN3 was available on X1. I tried the Apps section and didn't see it. Can anyone provide some info on this?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: ESPN3 now available on X1?

It’s not an app. Either use voice commands and say ESPN3 or Go to On Demand and go to Sports.

Also added were SEC Network plus and ACC Network Extra

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

OK, I got it. One additional question -

Is this also available with the older boxes (pre X1)? My dad does not have X1 but would be interested in the ACC games.

Thanks Andrew

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Only with the X1 platform, it’s basically an internet stream, legacy boxes don’t have an internet connection

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@flash333 wrote: I saw a commerical yesterday that said ESPN3 was available on X1. ...

For reference: https://www.xfinity.com/hub/tv-video/watch-college-sports-espn3-x1

The page does not say whether watching ESPN3 on X1 counts against the 1 GB data cap where that is in effect.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@BruceW wrote:

@flash333 wrote: I saw a commerical yesterday that said ESPN3 was available on X1. ...

For reference: https://www.xfinity.com/hub/tv-video/watch-college-sports-espn3-x1

The page does not say whether watching ESPN3 on X1 counts against the 1 GB data cap where that is in effect.

Anything that goes out and comes back over the Internet counts.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@RobertWy wrote: ... Anything that goes out and comes back over the Internet counts.

I am aware, but I do not know whether viewing ESPN3 on X1 is something that "goes out and comes back over the Internet". The question remains, does it count against the data cap or not, and how do you know?

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@BruceW wrote:

@RobertWy wrote: ... Anything that goes out and comes back over the Internet counts.

I am aware, but I do not know whether viewing ESPN3 on X1 is something that "goes out and comes back over the Internet". The question remains, does it count against the data cap or not, and how do you know?

This is all I know:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/data-usage-plan

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@BruceW wrote:

the answer is YES, it does count

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@billmich88888 wrote:

@BruceW wrote:

LOL!  He wants to know how we know.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/data-usage-what-counts-towards-my-data-plan

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@RobertWy wrote:

@billmich88888 wrote:

@BruceW wrote:

LOL!  He wants to know how we know.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/data-usage-what-counts-towards-my-data-plan

because when you connect to it, it states on the tv screen "accessing internet"......

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@billmich88888 wrote: ... because when you connect to it, it states on the tv screen "accessing internet"......

Thank you. I don't have X1 or a subscription that includes ESPN, so I was not able to see this for myself.

Highlighted
Expert

@BruceW wrote:

@billmich88888 wrote: ... because when you connect to it, it states on the tv screen "accessing internet"......

Thank you. I don't have X1 or a subscription that includes ESPN, so I was not able to see this for myself.

there was a temp new cspan channel this week for confirmation hearing. I believe these are coming in a IPTV not over QAM but still included in the subscription. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@Rustyben wrote: ... there was a temp new cspan channel this week for confirmation hearing. I believe these are coming in a IPTV not over QAM but still included in the subscription. 

How is this relevant to ESPN3 on X1 and/or what counts against the data cap?

Highlighted
Expert

@BruceW wrote:

@Rustyben wrote: ... there was a temp new cspan channel this week for confirmation hearing. I believe these are coming in a IPTV not over QAM but still included in the subscription. 

How is this relevant to ESPN3 on X1 and/or what counts against the data cap?

when accessing content on X1 and it is not using an 'internet' 3rd party app, it is not counted against your CAP. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@Rustyben wrote: ... when accessing content on X1 and it is not using an 'internet' 3rd party app, it is not counted against your CAP. 

But does the "temp new cspan channel" count or not? You haven't said. And why post about a "temp new cspan channel" in a thread about ESPN3? Your posts here do not appear to be relevant to the thread.

Highlighted
Expert

the search for ESPN3 on X1 shows on-demand channel collection. no indication of 'internet'. when selected and on now is selected, all the shown feeds say 'interent'. apparently it is like TVgo. when I played one there was no 'internet' popup. press the OK button shows 'internet' in upper left corner. pretty clear that one counds toward CAP. the 'extra Cspan didn't show up in Cspan channel collection but was listed under Cspan3 at the time. interesting.