Community Forum

ESPN 3 on X1- please add ESPN+ content

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

ESPN 3 on X1- please add ESPN+ content

Late last summer, X1 started providing access to the sporting events that are carried via ESPN3 streaming. (free streaming)

Since that time, many events that used to be on ESPN 3 have been shifted over to the pay service ESPN+ ($4.99/month FYI), and it appears that it is the business model moving forward with every contract they obtain.

It would be nice if X1 got ahead of the curve on this one and made THOSE events available to our X1 boxes in the same way that the ESPN 3 content is. Obviously, we would need to subscribe to the service for the ESPN+ content, (just as we do for Netflix/Amazon Prime...etc)

Does anyone here have any information if this is in the works, or at least take down this suggestion and run it along the path to management as an idea/upgrade

Thank you

Silver Problem Solver

Re: ESPN 3 on X1- please add ESPN+ content

Why not just get a Roku and not wait for some megacorp to tell you what services you can use.

Regular Contributor

this is my setup for college football, I like to have as much flexibility as possible on what games go to what screens

thanks for caring so much

image1.JPG
Silver Problem Solver

ESPN+ would probably be an additional premium channel with a fee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

@RobertWy wrote:

ESPN+ would probably be an additional premium channel with a fee.

Not any different than how Netflix is.

Or Amazon Prime.

Regular Contributor

College football is starting with MANY games on ESPN+ - Would anyone at Comcast care to comment????????

I heard that one of the reasons why Comcast doesn't have the ACC Network yet is because they want access to ESPN+  like they do with the ESPN 3 streaming games

Silver Problem Solver

@billmich88888 wrote:

College football is starting with MANY games on ESPN+ - Would anyone at Comcast care to comment????????

I heard that one of the reasons why Comcast doesn't have the ACC Network yet is because they want access to ESPN+  like they do with the ESPN 3 streaming games

I have Channel 715 SEC ESPN Network.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

@RobertWy wrote:

@billmich88888 wrote:

I have Channel 715 SEC ESPN Network.

That's great that you receive that channel. Do you know what ESPN+ is?

It's like netflix for sports.  Netflix has an X1 app, I want there to be an ESPN+ app

Diamond Problem Solver

If you have Amazon Prime and ESPN+, use the Prime app to access it.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@CCAndrew wrote:
If you have Amazon Prime and ESPN+, use the Prime app to access it.

I looked at the app and I did not see any listing for LIVES GAMES Via ESPN+ on the prime app. Any hints of tips of where I find LIVE games on ESPN+ on the prime app would be appreciated

I am looking for the ESPN 3 streaming (live games) to be augmented with the ESPN+ (live games) - To access ESPN+ games, you need to pay a $5 month subscription fee, which I already do for iPad and lap top