Community Forum

ERROR CODE RDK-03005

New Poster

ERROR CODE RDK-03005

Can't get my Xfinity Platform to connect: "Sorry, we're having some trouble.  We've run into a problem that may be fixed by restarting your set-top box. Please wait a few minutes then press OK to restart. If the problem persists, please visit xfinity.com/errors for more information.  RDK-03005"

1. I have restarted several times. This work around isnt working.

2. The website provided leads me to " Whoops! We couldn't find your page. Don't think of this as an error - think of it as a shortcut. Just select the link you're interested in from the list on the right to get started. Ordering service? call 1-877-821-9868."

Official Employee

Re: ERROR CODE RDK-03005

freedomglass wrote:

Can't get my Xfinity Platform to connect: "Sorry, we're having some trouble.  We've run into a problem that may be fixed by restarting your set-top box. Please wait a few minutes then press OK to restart. If the problem persists, please visit xfinity.com/errors for more information.  RDK-03005"

1. I have restarted several times. This work around isnt working.

2. The website provided leads me to " Whoops! We couldn't find your page. Don't think of this as an error - think of it as a shortcut. Just select the link you're interested in from the list on the right to get started. Ordering service? call 1-877-821-9868."

Are you still having this issue? All 3 of your X1 boxes are showing online with excellent signal levels.

New Poster

What did you do to fix this?  All of the posts just ask "Are you still having the problem?"  and don't tell how to fix it.  Very unhelpful!

Official Employee

JohnRDK03005 wrote:

What did you do to fix this?  All of the posts just ask "Are you still having the problem?"  and don't tell how to fix it.  Very unhelpful!

It's hard to troubleshoot when everything shows good and the original poster doesn't respond. My question to you would be how many and which boxes is it happening on and how long and go from there. And was customer service not able to help when you called in earlier today?

New Poster

No, they were not.  So, a technician is coming out tomorrow.  I am sure it will be fixed then.  Thanks.

New Poster

still having problems with main box in room

Silver Problem Solver

millie1952 wrote:

Call customer service and ask them to run an "Einstein 31-point check".

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

millie1952 wrote:

Your X1 box ( and your modem) is out of spec. Remove any unnecessary splitters to gain back signal levels. If you can't call for a tech to come out and troubleshoot further.

New Poster

I did as your artificial voice said and pressed "start" a few minutes after it said to "wait a few".  After a few minutes the error code came on again.  I turned the tv completely off, then on again a few minutes later.  Same message!!!!! To reset the set-top box what do. Do?  Go to the box itself and turn it off,mother back in? Nth is is getting ridiculous!

New Poster

I woke up to no TV. I have restarted with no luck.
Silver Problem Solver

lulu12231 wrote:
I woke up to no TV. I have restarted with no luck.

Next step is to call 1800comcast.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I’m having the same problem about connection etc. with this code. It doesn’t matter how many times I unplug and wait and restart. It still is not working. My system says everything is working
New Poster

I've tried the fix for RDK-03005 but it is still not workiing.  Help?

Expert

KAShaw5715 wrote:

call 800-Comcast - it means that your set top box is having a problem getting your list of channels. have other X1 set top boxes? if so, are they all having the same problem?

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

KAShaw5715 wrote:

Are you still getting the error code? You were in an outage about the time that you posted.

New Poster

this is so fustrating!!!!   Seems to be happening 2 or 3 times a week now.  Always worked out before when I hit restart, but this morning---nothing!   I turned off tv several times, always going to "preparing your channel lineup...."  Then says to go to this website.  For this I pay over $200 a month?  Time to think changes are in order.  Bah Humbug

Expert

aggie1947 wrote:

this is so fustrating!!!!   Seems to be happening 2 or 3 times a week now.  Always worked out before when I hit restart, but this morning---nothing!   I turned off tv several times, always going to "preparing your channel lineup...."  Then says to go to this website.  For this I pay over $200 a month?  Time to think changes are in order.  Bah Humbug

hi, sorry you are having problems. the set top box uses its own (XG1 or XG2) or a Hub's modem to get the channels list (from Comcast  managed internet). Have you had a Comcast employee in-house technician out to your home to check for problems yet?

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Very unhelpful did it several times nothing happened.
New Poster

I have input the info button three times and still no response still says "we are having problems"

Silver Problem Solver

wrote:

I have input the info button three times and still no response still says "we are having problems"

Start by unplugging the box and plug it back in.

New Poster

I have followed the instructions on the t.v. screen and still no television, there is only one television in the houase in the livingroom that has the new box set-up.

Silver Problem Solver

Did you try calling 1800comcast?

Official Employee

Hi mjminnican, I show that you have more than one cable box. Do you get the same error on all of them? If so, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me". If you only see this issue on one cable box please reboot the box and make sure all your cables are fastened firmly in the back of the equipment. 

New Poster

4:20 p.m. FYI : I called for technical support for RDK-03005 and was told they are working on issue and should be fixed by 8:06 p.m EST

New Poster

Please advice, I have done all I can at home with x1platform still no service