Community Forum

Does xfinity have slow motion video yet

Frequent Visitor

Does xfinity have slow motion video yet

I am still on the Legacy stuff because it irritates me so much to not have such a simple service like slow motion forward and reverse available on such a supposed "state of the art" system. I check in every few months to see if its available yet.Thanks anybody  

Official Employee

Re: Does xfinity have slow motion video yet

Sorry, no, not a true slow motion

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply.Is there some technology issue involved for not having such a simple option like slow motion.I have visited friends with different cable providers and they all have this. FIOS system even had different slow motion speeds available. I guess I must be the only Comcast customer who cares about this option

Regular Contributor

Believe me you are NOT alone.  Many of us spent months complaining about this situation when slo-mo (and frame-by-frame advance) were first removed a couple of years ago.

At the time, several board members stated that there were patent infringement issues that would be resolved by the end of 2017 or 2018, though, as far as I recall, no one from Comcast ever offered any explanation for the removal of these features.

Those patent expiration dates have obviously come and gone and  I think most people, myself included, have just given up complaining about this ridiculous situation on this forum...