Community Forum

Does The Xi5 Wireless Box Consume My Bandwidth Allotment?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Does The Xi5 Wireless Box Consume My Bandwidth Allotment?

My Xi5 wireless box is installed in the room where we watch the majority of our TV programs. The hardwired Xfinity box is installed in a different room where we only watch TV occassionally. The system was set up this way by the Comcast technician due to difficulties in finding a practical wiring route. In any case, the Xi5 wireless box works perfectly, so no worries as far as using it as our primary viewing source. That said, I am aware that Comcast imposes a monthly data cap of 1TB. From what I understand, just about anything that utilizes wifi/internet (on-demand, cloud DVR, etc...) will consume data from the 1TB allotment. So since the Xi5 box is purely a wireless box and is used constantly for viewing the normal Xfinity HD package content, is it (in and of itself) ALSO using up our bandwidth allotment? I hope not since the Xi5 is our primary box. Does anyone know? 

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Does The Xi5 Wireless Box Consume My Bandwidth Allotment?

There is only data use, if you are using the internet apps(Netflix, Amazon, Pandora, etc)

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Does The Xi5 Wireless Box Consume My Bandwidth Allotment?

Great, thanks!

@CCAndrew wrote:
There is only data use, if you are using the internet apps(Netflix, Amazon, Pandora, etc)