Community Forum

Disney Plus App

New Poster

Disney Plus App

Will the Disney Plus App be added to X1 when the streaming service launches on November 12?  Thank you.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Disney Plus App

Nothing has been announced. But doubt it would be added upon release. It’s hard to say if it ever will as the 2 companies are more rivals than business partners. But you never know...

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I don’t see why Comcast wouldn’t add Disney+ to X1. Being direct competitors has nothing to do with it really since Comcast has the Amazon app and Netflix app on X1 and those are also direct competitors, at least as far as streaming goes (Comcast will have its own streaming service soon for anyone that doesn’t know). Also Comcast still owns part of Hulu along with Disney until Disney becomes sole owner in a few years.
Frequent Visitor

Also if Disney being a direct competitor was an issue for Comcast, why do they carry any Disney cable channels like Freeform, Lifetime, History Channel, A&E, Vice, etc., besides carrying ABC, owned by Disney?
Frequent Visitor

Oh and ESPN....Disney owns the majority of that also.
Frequent Visitor

Also to the original poster, I plan on getting Chromecast to watch Disney+ on my TV. You can get either that, Roku, or there are other ways to watch it on your TV until Comcast adds the app to X1.