Community Forum

Disabled YouTube App

New Poster

Disabled YouTube App

I disabled the YouTube app in Xfinity tv settings to keep my son off it & when you attempt to access it through the remote it doesn’t work. I came home & my son was on it. Turns out, if you use the remote’s voice command & say YouTube, it bypasses where I locked access & he can still watch the videos. Why is this happening?
Administrator

Re: Disabled YouTube App

@Hipichic19711,

Thank you for posting your question in the Xfinity Forum. We apologize for the inconveince that you are experiencing with YouTube on X1. 

I can tell you that what you have done to remove the app and access to it is absolutely correct. When testing on our end we are not able to replicate this issue. Is there any way that your son may have accessed the other YouTube App on X1 (YouTube Kids)? Have you disabled this app as well?

If you have disabled both YouTube apps and are still experiencing this issue, please send me a private message with your full name, account number, address, and phone number so we can investigate futher. 

To send a private message, click on my name and navigate to my profile. Once there, click the "Send a Message" button. 

Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!