Community Forum

Disable "Tips & Tricks" notifications

New Poster

Disable "Tips & Tricks" notifications

Is there a way to disable those annoying "Tips & Tricks" popups or the ones asking if I want to go to the Sports App? The sports app one seems to pop up every 10-15 minutes while I'm watching sports, and every time I scroll forward through the guide more than an hour or two I get an alert telling me I can go forward a day by using the fast forward button. Problem is, it keeps popping up as I scroll, so I end up with a bunch of the same alert stacked up blocking the guide I'm trying to view.

Any help would be appreciated. This is a very annoying feature that, while I'm sure some people find it useful, can get obnoxious very quickly.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Disable "Tips & Tricks" notifications

JAWmusic wrote:

Is there a way to disable those annoying "Tips & Tricks" popups or the ones asking if I want to go to the Sports App? The sports app one seems to pop up every 10-15 minutes while I'm watching sports, and every time I scroll forward through the guide more than an hour or two I get an alert telling me I can go forward a day by using the fast forward button. Problem is, it keeps popping up as I scroll, so I end up with a bunch of the same alert stacked up blocking the guide I'm trying to view.

Any help would be appreciated. This is a very annoying feature that, while I'm sure some people find it useful, can get obnoxious very quickly.

Look in Settings >>> Notifications and try turning this to OFF...   I did this and those pesky pop-ups stopped for me but occasaionlly one still jumps up when I am advancing days into the guide...

Gold Problem Solver

geek46 wrote:
Look in Settings >>> Notifications and try turning this to OFF...   I did this and those pesky pop-ups stopped for me but occasaionlly one still jumps up when I am advancing days into the guide...

I've noticed the same thing even though I have ALL notifications turned off.

A few days ago when I was advancing by day 3 of the "how to advance days" annoyances ended up showing at the same time.

Frequent Visitor

This is in incredibly annoying. Thank you, Comcast, for not thinking we are intelligent enough to choose for ourselves. Thank you for also staffing tech support with people who speak such poor English it is unintelligible. Oh, and thank you for never answering this question. Thank you, too, for not providing PIP like your competitors.