Community Forum

Disable "Tips & Tricks" notifications

New Poster

Disable "Tips & Tricks" notifications

Is there a way to disable those annoying "Tips & Tricks" popups or the ones asking if I want to go to the Sports App? The sports app one seems to pop up every 10-15 minutes while I'm watching sports, and every time I scroll forward through the guide more than an hour or two I get an alert telling me I can go forward a day by using the fast forward button. Problem is, it keeps popping up as I scroll, so I end up with a bunch of the same alert stacked up blocking the guide I'm trying to view.

 

Any help would be appreciated. This is a very annoying feature that, while I'm sure some people find it useful, can get obnoxious very quickly.

Expert

Re: Disable "Tips & Tricks" notifications


@JAWmusic wrote:

Is there a way to disable those annoying "Tips & Tricks" popups or the ones asking if I want to go to the Sports App? The sports app one seems to pop up every 10-15 minutes while I'm watching sports, and every time I scroll forward through the guide more than an hour or two I get an alert telling me I can go forward a day by using the fast forward button. Problem is, it keeps popping up as I scroll, so I end up with a bunch of the same alert stacked up blocking the guide I'm trying to view.

 

Any help would be appreciated. This is a very annoying feature that, while I'm sure some people find it useful, can get obnoxious very quickly.


Look in Settings >>> Notifications and try turning this to OFF...   I did this and those pesky pop-ups stopped for me but occasaionlly one still jumps up when I am advancing days into the guide...

 



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Disable "Tips & Tricks" notifications


@geek46 wrote:
Look in Settings >>> Notifications and try turning this to OFF...   I did this and those pesky pop-ups stopped for me but occasaionlly one still jumps up when I am advancing days into the guide...

 I've noticed the same thing even though I have ALL notifications turned off.

 

A few days ago when I was advancing by day 3 of the "how to advance days" annoyances ended up showing at the same time.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Disable "Tips & Tricks" notifications

This is in incredibly annoying. Thank you, Comcast, for not thinking we are intelligent enough to choose for ourselves. Thank you for also staffing tech support with people who speak such poor English it is unintelligible. Oh, and thank you for never answering this question. Thank you, too, for not providing PIP like your competitors.
New Poster

Re: Disable "Tips & Tricks" notifications

This is all too old.  Every time I shift to a new channel that could be done with voice I am "instructed" to just say "ABC", "PBS", etc.  But I have voice control turned off.  By that the one that you can access by tapping the B key and I have "Voice Guidance" set to Off.  It is like we are being forced like we are stupid if we know that 652 is ABC, 653 is NBC, 654 is CBS, 655 is Fox and what ever for your PBS stations are.  In my case there is actually TWO PBS stations.

 

Worse yet, I am trying to extend battery life and having voice control supposedly on all the time the remote's batteries run down.  They designed the remotes so that they must have 1.5 volts per battery or else replace them.

 

It seems like when you turn voice control off those tips about how to use it should just go away.

It reminds me of those voice systems on computers.  Somebody in the lab came and said to somebody that the Unix systems were going to be shut down.  So the guy using his MS Windows system exclaimed: SHUT DOWN?  So his MS Windows machine shut down.

Expert

Re: Disable "Tips & Tricks" notifications


@hhhobbit wrote:

This is all too old.  Every time I shift to a new channel that could be done with voice I am "instructed" to just say "ABC", "PBS", etc.  But I have voice control turned off.  By that the one that you can access by tapping the B key and I have "Voice Guidance" set to Off.  It is like we are being forced like we are stupid if we know that 652 is ABC, 653 is NBC, 654 is CBS, 655 is Fox and what ever for your PBS stations are.  In my case there is actually TWO PBS stations.

 

Worse yet, I am trying to extend battery life and having voice control supposedly on all the time the remote's batteries run down.  They designed the remotes so that they must have 1.5 volts per battery or else replace them.

 

It seems like when you turn voice control off those tips about how to use it should just go away.

It reminds me of those voice systems on computers.  Somebody in the lab came and said to somebody that the Unix systems were going to be shut down.  So the guy using his MS Windows system exclaimed: SHUT DOWN?  So his MS Windows machine shut down.


notifications (tips and tricks) can be turned off. Xfinity button >> gear (settings) >> preferences >> Notifications >> X1 Tips and press ok to toggle off. 



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Re: Disable "Tips & Tricks" notifications

Rustyben, that is the problem the posters on here are complaining about.  X1 tips are not "on" and almost every time I change the channel I get a pop up telling me that next time it would be quicker to just say "ESPN".  These pop up tips shouldn't be seen unless X1 tips are turned on.


@Rustyben wrote:

@hhhobbit wrote:

This is all too old.  Every time I shift to a new channel that could be done with voice I am "instructed" to just say "ABC", "PBS", etc.  But I have voice control turned off.  By that the one that you can access by tapping the B key and I have "Voice Guidance" set to Off.  It is like we are being forced like we are stupid if we know that 652 is ABC, 653 is NBC, 654 is CBS, 655 is Fox and what ever for your PBS stations are.  In my case there is actually TWO PBS stations.

 

Worse yet, I am trying to extend battery life and having voice control supposedly on all the time the remote's batteries run down.  They designed the remotes so that they must have 1.5 volts per battery or else replace them.

 

It seems like when you turn voice control off those tips about how to use it should just go away.

It reminds me of those voice systems on computers.  Somebody in the lab came and said to somebody that the Unix systems were going to be shut down.  So the guy using his MS Windows system exclaimed: SHUT DOWN?  So his MS Windows machine shut down.


notifications (tips and tricks) can be turned off. Xfinity button >> gear (settings) >> preferences >> Notifications >> X1 Tips and press ok to toggle off.