Community Forum

Disable Screensaver?

Regular Visitor

Disable Screensaver?

Is there a way to disable the screensaver?  If not, can this be added to a future firmware upgrade?  I have no interest in this fechur (intentionally misspelled). 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Disable Screensaver?

The Settings (gear) has a place for turning off screen saver.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Gold Problem Solver

It's under Device Settings. I do not see an option to disable it.

Screen Saver Starts After options are

5 minutes

15 minutes

30 minutes

5 hours

Regular Visitor

No, it has options for 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes and 5 hours. You can't turn it off. This is another outrage. I pay to watch, not to keep press buttons in order to keep watching.

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-screen-saver

New Poster

this is ridic, i can't leave the tv on for my animals. Only a couple months left with these idiots

Expert
Moved:

Your post was removed for a violation of Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filter]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

Gold Problem Solver

Let's back track a little bit here. The X1 screen saver will not kick in unless you leave a menu screen up on the TV or you pause live TV and walk away.

As long as you are watching live TV with no menu screens on your TV, the screen saver will not kick in.

That is the reason there is no "off" setting.

Gemini4evr wrote:
Exactly my issue.. Makes 0 sense you can't turn it off, ohh I'm sorry after we pay such a high a.$.$ bill they still want us to see their ads , new movies etc to make more money. I'll be changing to ATT in November when my contract is done.

Official Employee

Just to add how to get to the settings. Below

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-screen-saver

As mentioned above, the screen saver is not expected to turn on unless you have a menu screen up or a paused video.

I personally set mine to 5 hours and have never run into the screen-saver appearing.  

New Poster

My system keeps going to the screen saver when I am watching a program and not in a menu, so the expert might want do little research as to why this is happening before dismissing this issue.
Bronze Problem Solver

Psychrophobie wrote:
My system keeps going to the screen saver when I am watching a program and not in a menu, so the expert might want do little research as to why this is happening before dismissing this issue.

I've run into this a few times. It's like the box still thinks its on a menu even though its not. I power cycle the box when I get this problem and it clears it up.

New Poster

That sounds great, but what do you do when your watching live tv with no menues and the screensaver keeps kicking in every 5 sec. Now I wish I could switch it off. In trying to watch the MBA finals. NOT HAPPY.

Silver Problem Solver

Smity63 wrote:

That sounds great, but what do you do when your watching live tv with no menues and the screensaver keeps kicking in every 5 sec. Now I wish I could switch it off. In trying to watch the MBA finals. NOT HAPPY.

Does it happen when you have a 5 hour setting?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-screen-saver/

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Actually the problem I have been having is that the screen saver cuts on regardless if there's been inactivity in the middle of watching a show it comes on and I can hear the show but can not watch it
Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Swiff wrote:
Actually the problem I have been having is that the screen saver cuts on regardless if there's been inactivity in the middle of watching a show it comes on and I can hear the show but can not watch it

When that happens, I check the screen saver turnon time.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-screen-saver/