Community Forum

Definitive Technology Sound Bar

New Poster

Definitive Technology Sound Bar

I am looking for the five digit code to program the X1 remote to control a Definitive Technology sound bar.  Comcast site containing codes does not have this one.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Definitive Technology Sound Bar

Zoe13 wrote:

I am looking for the five digit code to program the X1 remote to control a Definitive Technology sound bar.  Comcast site containing codes does not have this one.

You may need to do a manual code search ( courtesy of RickGr4 ) by doing the following:

1. Turn on your TV and AVR.
2. Press and hold the Setup button on your remote until the status LED changes from red to green.
3. To search for a TV code, enter 9-9-1 on the remote. To search for an AVR code, enter 9-9-2. The status LED should flash green twice.
4. Press the CH ^ button repeatedly to search through the manufacturer codes until the device you are programming turns off.
5. After the device turns off, press Setup. The status LED on your remote should flash green twice.

Press the TV Power button on the remote. If the device turns on, you have successfully programmed your remote.

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

New Poster

That doesn't work.  Any other idea?

Problem Solver

Hello khanhv,

To program your XFINITY remote for power and volume control of an audio device, find the five-digit manufacturer’s code for your audio device at www.xfinity.com/remotes, then follow these instructions:

1. Turn on your TV and audio device.
  2. Press the Setup button on your remote for three seconds until the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
  3. Enter the five-digit manufacturer’s code using the numeric buttons on the remote. The LED should flash green twice when the code is entered.
    Note: If the LED blinks red, then green, the code was not correctly entered. Repeat steps 2 and 3, entering the same code.
  4. Press the All Power button on the remote. If the audio device turns off, you have successfully programmed your remote to control your audio device. Turn the device back on and press the VOL +/- and Mute buttons to confirm they control the volume of the audio device.
  5. If the device does not turn off, repeat the steps above using the additional five-digit codes listed for the manufacturer of your device from http://customer.xfinity.com/remotes. You may need to try several codes to find one that works for you.

After you have programmed your TV and your audio device, if you attempt to enter a code for a third device, your remote will no longer be programmed to control the first two programmed devices.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I got my xfinity voice controlled remote to adjust the volume, power and mute on the W Studio Definitive Technology Sound Bar.

First I called the tech support at Def Tech. They walked me through it step by step.

Definitive Technology.
Hours: Monday — Friday.
9:30 AM — 6:00 PM EST (GMT-5)
Toll Free (USA & Canada): (800) 228-7148.

In in a nutshell, there is no Xfinity "code that works" The codes Comcast support gave me did not work. But the sound bar can "learn a code"

You need to have the sound bar connected to TV by optical and HDMI input.(make note the input number)

(Next step purpose to assign an IR number to the audio remote features in your TV.)

Start the TV remote control set up for audio.

Skip the first step.

Next select any other brand, best choice Yamaha.

Next do not test the remote yet..do not select It Works or Doesn't Work.

Now go to your TV input for the Def Tech HDMI -a blank screen

Using the Def Tech remote select Menu, the Menu Will show on the screen.

Arrow down to IR Learn, select

Move To the left, select CLEAR ALL.

Now with the Def Tech remote in one hand the Xfinity remote in the other...get ready to teach your sound bar and it will learn the codes via the Xfinity remote.

On the Def Tech remote still in IR Learn- Go to Volume Up, select it once.

Blue words come on screen...hold volume up button on Xfinity remote, until the blue words on menu screen say done! And there is a chirp noise of success. It happens fast!

Repeat for volume down, tapping volume down on Xfinity remote

Repeat for MUTE, tapping mute button on Xfinity remote

Lastly, on Def Tech remote scroll over to STORE then back out of menu.

Check your Xfinity remote now works the volume etc..on the Def Tech sound bar.

Go back to input with TV screen with your AVI (audio remote set up) in process, select IT WORKS ( I hope for you) 

We even went as far as power button so TV and sound bar would turn off together....but there are glitches like moving through Sony XBR Z9 75" Ultra HD TV Action Menu turns off the sound bar randomly. Well we just turn it back on with the Def Tech remote. The Xfinity remote doesn't lose the connection codes (whatever they are)

I did did this a few times as we set up the new Sony X Bravia 75" Z9....amazing sound. Now click the MOVIE button on Def Tech remote..level fuller surround sound without feeling like something or someone is sneaking up on you from behind!!!

Good luck. I could not get this to work until I talked to an amazing tech at Definitive Technology.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Just found this YouTube video that W Studio Definitive Technology put out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH7n961OE6k

Pretty easy steps but what wasn't that clear was you have to repeat the steps for each function. For example, I programmed my Xfinity X1 remote to Volume Up, Down, and to Power On/Off with the all power button. Now I only need to use my X1 remote to turn on/off the TV and Definitive Technology sound bar and control the volume!