Community Forum

DVR

New Poster

DVR

What happened to all my recordings after Comcast swapped out my DVR box? They were supposed to be stored in the iCloud but they never came through in the new box. Lost two thirds of my recordings. Faulty equipment? Who knows. UNACCEPTABLE!

Official Employee

Re: DVR

@Sautner wrote:

What happened to all my recordings after Comcast swapped out my DVR box? They were supposed to be stored in the iCloud but they never came through in the new box. Lost two thirds of my recordings. Faulty equipment? Who knows. UNACCEPTABLE!

Only the last 60 hours are held in the cloud. Anything else is lost after swap

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I’m not sure that’s true. Some recordings came back through that were over a month old.I was told by tech support that they should have come through. Different answers from different people. Nothing consistent at Comcast. Maybe better and more updated training is needed there at Comcast.

Official Employee

FYI, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have recordings from 02/28 that came back through. That is almost a month and a half ago. A lot longer than 60 hours ago. Not one thing consistent with what tech support refers to. There is a problem with the Comcast X1 DVR box. Glitches or whatever. Faulty equipment or backup availability. For all the money I pay Comcast every month, the service I receive is UNACCEPTABLE! This is 2018, technology should be much, much better. I’m stuck with Comcast because I have no other choice. Very disgruntled customer!

Expert

@Sautner wrote:

I have recordings from 02/28 that came back through. That is almost a month and a half ago. A lot longer than 60 hours ago. Not one thing consistent with what tech support refers to. There is a problem with the Comcast X1 DVR box. Glitches or whatever. Faulty equipment or backup availability. For all the money I pay Comcast every month, the service I receive is UNACCEPTABLE! This is 2018, technology should be much, much better. I’m stuck with Comcast because I have no other choice. Very disgruntled customer!

pick a recording and begin playing it. when navigation disappears and program is playing hit the OK button. upper left will show source, for example a 'cloud' icon+ DVR. if no cloud, it is in your actual home DVR. cloud recordings only have 2.0 stereo, also. no cloud shows are downloaded to your home DVR they are just streamed through your home equipment from the cloud DVR.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

If these recordings are stored in the cloud and not loaded back on the new DVR, how can you know what recordings that were recorded? I lost two thirds of my recordings but if they are in the cloud, how do you get them back?

Expert

@Sautner wrote:

If these recordings are stored in the cloud and not loaded back on the new DVR, how can you know what recordings that were recorded? I lost two thirds of my recordings but if they are in the cloud, how do you get them back?

the cloud is limited to the last 60 hours recorded. once the cloud copy is removed your choice would be to use on-demand.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

A lot of the recordings I had, you can’t get on demand. Random recordings came back on the DVR. Older ones, newer ones, no set pattern. Not a good setup Comcast has. Inferior equipment? Must be. Way overpriced for the services I receive! Every person I talked to at Comcast said they would take care of all the problems I have. Guess what? Nothing ever got resolved. Same song and dance every time from COMCAST!!!!!!!

Expert

@Sautner wrote:

A lot of the recordings I had, you can’t get on demand. Random recordings came back on the DVR. Older ones, newer ones, no set pattern. Not a good setup Comcast has. Inferior equipment? Must be. Way overpriced for the services I receive! Every person I talked to at Comcast said they would take care of all the problems I have. Guess what? Nothing ever got resolved. Same song and dance every time from COMCAST!!!!!!!

The cloud dVr keeps up to 60 hours as it gets full the oldest recordings at the time are removed from just the cloud DVR. A watchathon is beginning and you can catch up on the big shows on the big networks.

New Poster

That’s only for certain networks. Some networks want you to buy the shows. Like I said before, some of the recordings are older and some are recent recordings. Not all older or all newer that were lost. Major defective system and equipment.

New Poster

I'm with you Sautner as the 60hr rule is kinda bogus unless I'm understanding it wrong.  If you mean that it only keeps up to 60hrs WORTH of recording on it then I don't have 60hrs of DVR recording still saved to my box anymore so that can't be.  And if you mean that after 60hrs it's no longer keeps the recordings in the cloud then that's wrong as I have things I've saved on my DVR that have been on there for more than 60hrs.  The only programs that are missing from mine are now all Rent/Buy and no longer free to watch on premium channels.  I just moved in on Sat and the few I have left are still On-Demand programs from my Premium programs.

Silver Problem Solver

@Taezya1 wrote:

I'm with you Sautner as the 60hr rule is kinda bogus unless I'm understanding it wrong.  If you mean that it only keeps up to 60hrs WORTH of recording on it then I don't have 60hrs of DVR recording still saved to my box anymore so that can't be.  And if you mean that after 60hrs it's no longer keeps the recordings in the cloud then that's wrong as I have things I've saved on my DVR that have been on there for more than 60hrs.  The only programs that are missing from mine are now all Rent/Buy and no longer free to watch on premium channels.  I just moved in on Sat and the few I have left are still On-Demand programs from my Premium programs.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!