Community Forum

DVR recordings stopping mid playback

Highlighted
New Poster

DVR recordings stopping mid playback

This problem is becoming more and more frequent.

I start watching a recorded program before it is finished recording, and somewhere during the playback I am kicked out to live tv. If I try to play the recording again, it kicks me out at the same spot each time.

So my X1 will show the entire show was recorded, but it will not let me watch the entire show
Expert

Re: DVR recordings stopping mid playback

wrote:
This problem is becoming more and more frequent.

I start watching a recorded program before it is finished recording, and somewhere during the playback I am kicked out to live tv. If I try to play the recording again, it kicks me out at the same spot each time.

So my X1 will show the entire show was recorded, but it will not let me watch the entire show

does this happen on all recordings even ones that have completed recording before you play them back?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am also having the playback problem.  It shows the program recorded, but stops 40% of the way. Also the automatic reding of overtime extending of sporting events doesn't work any more.  Cuts off last two holes of a golf tournament or last few minutes of a basketball game.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue. This does not happen on all shows. If it is a 30 min show, it shows it recorded all the show but during playback it will kick you out to live TV, no error message. If you try to replay it, it does it again at the same spot. I also notice the auto-pad feature is not working.  Has anyone found a solution?

New Poster

My Comcast/Xfinity DVR will stop playback of a recorded movie, too, but usually within a few minutes of the beginning of the playback. It doesn't matter what time of day it is. My recordings will stop playback during regular business hours as well as late at night, pre-dawn, etc. This problem just started happening about a week ago (around 8/31/2018 or 9/1/2018), and, from what I've observed (at least in my case), only seems to affect recordings that I've already watched. I noticed that this issue has been happening to other Xfinity customers for several years. If I mark a recording "Unwatched," the problem disappears. 

Another issue is that I've been seeing the "DVR not available" message more frequently in the last week or so. This messsage appears at all times of the day. If I restart a recording's playback (again, usually after marking it "Unwatched"), then the DVR works fine. I think the problem is probably that Xfinity released a bad update recently. 

The recent problems I've had with the Xfinity DVR are really the last straw, as far as I'm concerned. I pay way too much money each month to have the problems that I've been having since I switched to Xfinity in 2016. I am coming very close to cancelling my cable and going with SlingTV. I might have to still deal with Xfinity for Internet, but at least I won't have to deal with their terrible cable service.

New Poster

Same issue here, any updates on how to fix this? Unplugging to force a restart is not helping.