Community Forum

DVR not recording Gunsmoke episodes.

New Poster

DVR not recording Gunsmoke episodes.

This is not true for all shows. This only happens with episodes of Gunsmoke. 

I choose "record" and confirm the setting.  However, when I attempt to watch I discover the program was not saved.   Space is not the issue.   

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: DVR not recording Gunsmoke episodes.

Check your settings that you don’t have “new” episodes as the setting

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you.   As you suggested I checked settings and it was set to New episodes.     Changed settings.  Okay now. 

Official Employee

Hello @kb50, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm happy to hear that what ComcastAndrew suggested lead to you resolving this on your end. We definitely don't want you missing out on any Gunsmoke episodes, my mom enjoys this show as well. Please be sure to reach out for any future issues or concerns, we're here to help. We appreciate you being a Comcast customer!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

One thing to watch out for when the Gunsmoke episode is broken into two 1/2 hour segments. The early years were 1/2 hour and later years were 1 hour. But some and I'm not sure who did it were 1 hour segments broken into 2 -1/2 hour segments and basically had the same title. So when I saw this I selected each 1/2 hour segment individually and told the DVR to record each segment. But when I went to watch there was only 1 (the first) segment recorded. and so I never found out how the whole episode ended. I don't know why it didn't record the second episode but my best guess is that the DVR saw the second half as a duplicate of the first half and just didn't record it. I have no other explanation.

Official Employee

Hello @WindsurfMaui, thanks for reaching out to our Forums and bringing this to our attention. I will be getting this information passed along to the correct team to have this further looked into. Please let me know if you have any further questions, or if I can be of any other assistance. Thanks and we appreciate you being a Comcast customer. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello @WindsurfMaui, I'm hoping you can provide me with the season and episode in particular that you experienced the second half of the episode not recording?