Community Forum

DVR issue - Series Recording not recording all episodes

Regular Visitor

DVR issue - Series Recording not recording all episodes

I am having a frustrating issue with my Xfinity X1 DVR service. For virtually all series that I have scheduled to record, only certain episodes will actually be scheduled and recorded, even though I have the Settings applied for new and repeats on all channels. For example, I have “The Office” scheduled to record all episodes on all channels. The show airs probably a dozen times each day on 2 channels, yet only one or two episodes will record. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to which episodes record and which do not. I have tried rebooting the set top box, syncing the DVR, and deleting and re-scheduling recordings, and nothing seems to work. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Official Employee

Re: DVR issue - Series Recording not recording all episodes

Hi, andy992! Thank you for posting in our community. Since we already engaging in private - I will check if there are any issues with your DVR. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

so what is the answer for those who are not in the chat

Official Employee

Hi, @GRACILJULE - Each case is individual. It depends on customer's record settings, how many tuners are working at the same time, are there any issues with the DVR itself, and etc. For example, I just set up a recording for "The Office", it scheduled 9 different episodes to record for tomorrow from Comedy Central channel. In order to see if there any failures, I need to have customer's information to check the scheduler for any failures. If you have the similar issue, please feel free to send me a private message with your full name, account holder's name (if different) exactly as it's listed on the bill and I will be happy to assist you. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!