Community Forum

DVR is full

NineballWA
Frequent Visitor

DVR is full

Within the saved programs, my system says that the DVR memory is 91% full, with 126 programs.  I can only find five programs, totaling about 8 hours.  I don't know what to delete to recover the lost memory.

Audiomixer
Frequent Visitor

Re: DVR is full

I sounds like you are viewing the shows that are available only on the cloud now.

Did you have the settings on the DVR to save your recordings or delete them after a year?

Those shows will stay on the DVR until until you get rid of them. But if you ever had to exchange your box, those shows could not be retreived from the cloud.

NineballWA
Frequent Visitor

I don't know anything about the cloud - maybe you can help.

As far as I know, all my recordings were set to be deleted only if space was needed.  So far, that has never happened, but probably will soon.

ComcastLizzy
Official Employee

Of course -- that is what we are here for! I really like this simple and clear support article to explain Cloud DVR and it's functions/abilities https://comca.st/3jC3Ihy . There is a short video, as well, to walk you through the basics! Please let me know if this article helps you or if you need further assistance.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!