Community Forum

DVR deleting saved programs

Regular Visitor

DVR deleting saved programs

We are having the same problem that everyone else seems to be having.  Most of our saved shows have been deleted even though our DVR is not anywhere near full.  This is very frustrating especially since we are paying for this DVR service that is now not working.  If you can't get this fixed, why don't you do something new and just be honest with all your subscribers so we can decide whether to stay with Comcast or move to another service.  Saved programs are critical to us as we almost never watch a show "live".

Official Employee

Re: DVR deleting saved programs

Greetings, GayleM1! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear you are losing some DVR recording from time to time. That's certainly frustrating as I know myself I don't always have the option to watch live TV as well. Do you know how long you have these recordings before they delete? I do believe stored recordings will be saved for up to a year based on information I found from the following link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-overview.

If you need further assistance feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you. To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: DVR deleting saved programs

Hello, GayleM1. I have not heard back from you and hope your issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!