Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

DVR cloud

Regular Visitor

DVR cloud

How can I stop my DVR replays from going from the harddrive to the DVR cloud? Every time it goes to the cloud the sound volumn goes down and the replay when I fast forward one push, it skips frames. This is very annoying when I DVR sporting events. It seems like my replays randomly go into the cloud. My harddrive is seldom at 40% capacity. This is something that has occurred only since I got xfinityx1. Help!

Official Employee

Re: DVR cloud

For that to happen, it sounds like your recordings are failing, maybe you should swap out the DVR, so going forward you’ll access recordings correctly
Expert

@oneleg12 wrote:

How can I stop my DVR replays from going from the harddrive to the DVR cloud? Every time it goes to the cloud the sound volumn goes down and the replay when I fast forward one push, it skips frames. This is very annoying when I DVR sporting events. It seems like my replays randomly go into the cloud. My harddrive is seldom at 40% capacity. This is something that has occurred only since I got xfinityx1. Help!

adding...

the cloud DVR is fully independent of your home DVR system. In fact you could unplug your home DVR system and the cloud DVR will continue to record and have recorded programs available to play back on your portable devices. what you do describe is bad signal levels that perhaps a Comcast employee could check. I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Hello oneleg12. I can assist with checking your signal levels, and helping you order a DVR replacement if needed. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you. 

Regular Visitor

Hi Comcast Joe- I would send you that info but it says on this reply not to send personal info. Let me know what we should do. I'm new to posting.   Thanks, Larry

Admin1

oneleg12 -- It is ok to send personal information in a Private Message. Your personal information should not be shared in a Public reply.