Community Forum

DVR button or way to program harmony for one?

Regular Visitor

DVR button or way to program harmony for one?

So searching around it seems there is no more dvr/recordings type button for easy access, and the ones that exist in the harmony database dont work on x1g4 either. Also the UI is non-deterministic, unlike other cable boxes the main menu will open and select the last option you went to, instead of the first available option, making sequences useless since you cant program them

So anyone know of anyway to get an easy 1 button dvr access going?

Expert

Re: DVR button or way to program harmony for one?

ezelkow1 wrote:

So searching around it seems there is no more dvr/recordings type button for easy access, and the ones that exist in the harmony database dont work on x1g4 either. Also the UI is non-deterministic, unlike other cable boxes the main menu will open and select the last option you went to, instead of the first available option, making sequences useless since you cant program them

So anyone know of anyway to get an easy 1 button dvr access going?

the code for X1 equipment DVR xg1 should work. The X11 allows voice link so you can say 'recordings' and get the recordings. you can also use a smart device (apple or android) as a second screen remote. I use an old android to access recordings list so I can play the oldest recording in the list.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Regular Visitor

Re: DVR button or way to program harmony for one?

Oh all the normal codes work, the problem is the specific 'DVR'  button to give you direct access to recordings.  That doesnt seem to work at all

Just trying to get it programmable since I use a harmony hub and remote for all my devices, so hoping to have one button access, not using the x1 remote or a phone