Community Forum

DVR, UI and ALL out Lag

Frequent Visitor

DVR, UI and ALL out Lag

Is anyone having huge lag issues on the X1 DVR box? At times i am unable to use the box or watch any of my recorded show due to the lag in the box and the only way to fix it is to unplug the box and plug it back in. I am not sure if this is a box issue or a network issue

Silver Problem Solver

Re: DVR, UI and ALL out Lag

@Chinaman0389 wrote:

Is anyone having huge lag issues on the X1 DVR box? At times i am unable to use the box or watch any of my recorded show due to the lag in the box and the only way to fix it is to unplug the box and plug it back in. I am not sure if this is a box issue or a network issue

Try a System Refresh to start with.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-system-refresh

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hi, Chinaman0389! Thank you for posting in our community! Are you having any issues with the other boxes in the house or with internet connection? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I am not having any issues with internet or any other box in the house. Just the main x1 box. It will mainly lag on dvr playback and when i go to the guide, hit the xfinity button, or try anything with on demand.

Official Employee

Thanks for clarifying @Chinaman0389. By chance, have you tried to perform a system refresh from the main box by pressing the "A" button on your remote? Did that help any? I can try some troubleshooting on my end to help. In order to do so, I'd need you to verify your first and last name in a private message so I can begin. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

i will make an attempt at this time. 

Frequent Visitor

after the refresh, the system seems to be working fine. i will continue to see if the problem persist. 

Official Employee

Sounds good. I'll continue to monitor this thread to make sure you're good before closing it out. Thanks for your cooperation. I appreciate it. Smiley Happy 

Official Employee

Hi @Chinaman0389

I just wanted to follow up to see if you've noticed any more issues? 

Frequent Visitor

I have not seen another other issues thank you
Official Employee

Thanks for letting me know! If you need assistance in the future, feel free to contact us. Thanks for being a loyal customer. Take care!