Community Forum

DVR-TV connection keeps breaking

Most Valued Poster

DVR-TV connection keeps breaking

I thought I put this thread in a couple of days ago but now I can't seem to locate it. So here goes again.

I have a new Comcast DVR that is hard wired to my new smart TV. For some reason, periodically overnight the connection is broken and the only way I can get the DVR to recognize the connection is to hard boot the DVR.  This has happened 3 or 4 times in the 3 or 4 months I have had the new DVR. I can't figure out what setting is causing this problem. Any ideas?

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: DVR-TV connection keeps breaking

@WindsurfMaui wrote:

I thought I put this thread in a couple of days ago but now I can't seem to locate it. So here goes again.

I have a new Comcast DVR that is hard wired to my new smart TV. For some reason, periodically overnight the connection is broken and the only way I can get the DVR to recognize the connection is to hard boot the DVR.  This has happened 3 or 4 times in the 3 or 4 months I have had the new DVR. I can't figure out what setting is causing this problem. Any ideas?

I have one idea that might be considered "lame":  reconnect ALL coax connections, including any outside the residence.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

@WindsurfMaui
Your other post is in this thread, it sounds like you have handshake problems
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XG1V4-box-HDMI-handshake-problem/td-p/3126518

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@RobertWy
The idea isn’t lame, it just isn’t practical or a fix for a handshake issue

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

@ComcastAndrew wrote:
@RobertWy
The idea isn’t lame, it just isn’t practical or a fix for a handshake issue

Allright, I'll keep that in mind.  Thanks.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Most Valued Poster

Thanks I found a possible solution in that other thread. I will try it and report back.