Community Forum

DVR Recordings aren’t recording the entire episode!

New Poster

DVR Recordings aren’t recording the entire episode!

I’ve been struggling with this issue for quite some time now and I’m extremely frustrated. The episodes I am trying to record should be at LEAST 30 minutes long yet the DVR recordings cut out in 7 minutes or less. So far the solutions I have tried are:
-Setting the DVR to record 30 minutes longer
-Restarting the DVR via the internal troubleshooting tool provided by the DVR
-Applying a system refresh also done with the tool provided by the DVR
-Plugging out the DVR for 30 seconds and plugging it back in

I hate to sound like a broken record but coming home after a long day of work only to find my anticipated entertainment cut short has been tearing away at my patience. Anyone have any suggestions?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: DVR Recordings aren’t recording the entire episode!

@Merlynr6c wrote:
I’ve been struggling with this issue for quite some time now and I’m extremely frustrated. The episodes I am trying to record should be at LEAST 30 minutes long yet the DVR recordings cut out in 7 minutes or less. So far the solutions I have tried are:
-Setting the DVR to record 30 minutes longer
-Restarting the DVR via the internal troubleshooting tool provided by the DVR
-Applying a system refresh also done with the tool provided by the DVR
-Plugging out the DVR for 30 seconds and plugging it back in

I hate to sound like a broken record but coming home after a long day of work only to find my anticipated entertainment cut short has been tearing away at my patience. Anyone have any suggestions?

Any chance you have children who watch while you aren't there?  I've had situations where my chldren stop a recording because they can't watch live TV.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

All of the kids are grown up and hardly ever touch the tv. Thanks for the reply, I’ve been monitoring other threads in this forum and it seems the issue is widespread amongst the customer base.
Official Employee

Hi @Merlynr6c

Sorry for the experience you've had with your recordings. I'd be frustrated if this were happening to my shows as well. Sometimes my favorite shows are the only entertainment I have. I'd like to help get this resolved for you. Does this happen on all recordings or just some? Can you provide the name of the programs you noticed this happening on? I'd like to see if there are any investigations based on the information ou provided. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

This has been happening to us as well. but only on a foreign channel we added to out subscription.  We also have the guide for that channel being grossly incorrect, recording shows (so it thinks) at times that the show is not on, thus getting random shows recorded, but the labeling appears like it is a show that was not aired.  This is specific to TV Japan for us.  

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi All, 

We are aware of the recording issues that are affecting international channels/subscriptions. The last I checked, it was resolved for future recordings-- the issue remains for previously recorded content. Please attempt to record new content and retest. Let me know if the issue is not fixed for you. 

MojoFilter, if you are having issues with your guide, please send me a private message with your name so I can take a closer look. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!