Community Forum

DVR Recordings Disappear

Highlighted
New Poster

DVR Recordings Disappear

Hi,

I am trying to help my parents out.  They are attempting to record shows on the Asian channels, such as SET TV (Channel 3106).  I can see things being recorded in the recordings section.  If I click on them while they are being recorded I can even watch them from the beginning.  However, one the recording is completed if you go to the recordings section they are no longer there!!

They had called and complained and their DVR box was replaced.  I've also tested it by recording things on regular network channel and those items act as normal.  My only guess/theory at this time is that the items they are attempting to record fall into the "Internet content" category which the DVR clearly states you cannot record at this time.  Other than that I am lost and don't understsand what is happening.   Is there any way for me to see if content is internet content to try to confirm my theory?  Does anyone else have any other insight with items which are on this and the other Asian channels?

Thanks

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: DVR Recordings Disappear

Those are IP based channels and as far as I know they’re not supposed to be recordable, which may be why you see them until the show is finished. I escalated it up to get a definitive answer.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Is this something that will change at somepoint? My parents switched from Verizon to Xfinity with an expectation that they would be able to continue recording the programs that they watch.  We had no trouble recording these channels on Verizon FIOS and are surprised that they do not record on Xfinity.

I look forward to hearing what you find out after escalating and seeing if there are any known solutions or plans to change this in the future. Is it possible that it works on the old DVR boxes and not the new cloud setup?

Thanks

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

The IP channels are only available on X1 boxes

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi there, ska11153. Thanks for posting your question. I would be happy to take a look at your account and channel lineup to see what type of channels those are and if they're recordable. Please send me a private message with your name and I will take a look. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I've had a similar issue with TVJapan channel (#330). In the past i ordered it to record for 2 weeks (6 times a year) during sumo wrestling tournaments, and the recordings stayed on my dvr until i deleted them. Recently these recordings (and only these) disappeared when there was plenty of space, and there were older items that could have been deleted even if space was an issue. I've stopped ordering the channel because of this. Would love an explanation or a fix!