Community Forum

DVR Problems Recording Seahawks Game on FOX

New Poster

DVR Problems Recording Seahawks Game on FOX

For the past three weeks, our DVR records only a few minutes of the Seahawks game on FOX, boots us out after watching about 30 seconds, gives error message that there is a problems with the recording. If we are home & try to watch live instead, we sometimes get the message the DVR can't tune to the channel, it reboots itself, but problems persist. This is our 3rd DVR within a few months. We are ready to cut the cord, only  have cable for the sports, and there are other options now.  Anyone here having similar issues?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: DVR Problems Recording Seahawks Game on FOX

Looks like you’ve already had a few techs out but you’ll need another one to troubleshoot the frequency that Fox is coming in on

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks - we’ve had a number of different techs out about this & other issues. Today we had the same issue with some other recordings on other channels. Nothing has helped. In fact, sometimes the tweaks they make increase the frequency of existing problems techs were trying to fix & create new ones as well.
Official Employee

Hello, ReadyToCutCord! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums!

I would like to take a closer look at this issue and see if we can get this fixed. Please send me a Private Message with your full name so I can assist.

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thank you for your offer of help. We had another tech come out to test the signal strength on all the channels yesterday, swap out the DVR (again). We had the same problem with playback on the AMA recording, but it might be because that was recorded before the latest DVR swap-out. If we have problems with new recordings, I may take you up on your offer of help.

Our building is wired for another high speed internet provider, and my husband is ready to try that instead if this last DVR swap-out doesn’t help, just go to streaming. It’s been very frustrating, especially considering how much we pay for Comcast service. Being able to record so many shows at once is wonderful, but only if one can actually watch the recordings.
Official Employee

Hopefully, that new DVR works better. If you are still having problems I can look at the error logs for individual recordings so we can figure out exactly what is happening.