Community Forum

DVR Data Erased After Swapping Modem

New Poster

DVR Data Erased After Swapping Modem

Last week I replaced my Cable Modem on Thursday with a newer model. That went smoothly and everything updated. The next day, I noticed I had no HD Channels. A reboot of the X1, and they came back. I was still able to access them on my phone so I knew the service was the issue. Later in the day I was told that all of our Saved DVR shows were gone. I checked on my phone and computer and they were gone from the website/app as well. It's too much of a coincidence that this happened within 24 hours of me swapping modems. This last set of X1 boxes have been a nightmare since I got them. I'm getting ready to cancel my TV Subscription. Why would all of my saved shows disappear whether it's the modem swap or not?

Expert

Re: DVR Data Erased After Swapping Modem

@Nadical wrote:

Last week I replaced my Cable Modem on Thursday with a newer model. That went smoothly and everything updated. The next day, I noticed I had no HD Channels. A reboot of the X1, and they came back. I was still able to access them on my phone so I knew the service was the issue. Later in the day I was told that all of our Saved DVR shows were gone. I checked on my phone and computer and they were gone from the website/app as well. It's too much of a coincidence that this happened within 24 hours of me swapping modems. This last set of X1 boxes have been a nightmare since I got them. I'm getting ready to cancel my TV Subscription. Why would all of my saved shows disappear whether it's the modem swap or not?

an official employee will usually respond within 72 hours of your post.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!