Community Forum

Controlling a sound bar with my x1 remote.

New Poster

Controlling a sound bar with my x1 remote.

I have a Samsung home theater or sound bar that I would like my x1 remote to control (on/off and volume).  None of the listed 5 digit numbers work.  The model number of my device is HT-X810.  Is there another number I can try?

Tags (1)
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Controlling a sound bar with my x1 remote.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes

jbskjon wrote:

I have a Samsung home theater or sound bar that I would like my x1 remote to control (on/off and volume).  None of the listed 5 digit numbers work.  The model number of my device is HT-X810.  Is there another number I can try?

New Poster

I know this was a really long time ago but for anyone looking for answers in the future there is no code for the sound bar you need to hold the stup button until your xr11 remote (x1 remote) light turns green and then press 992. Then you need to use the channel up button until the sound bar turns off. Once it turns off you need to press the setup button to finalize the code in the remote.
Official Employee

Not quite true, just not all codes are present on the remote settings screen. But your method works if you don’t want to go through codes one by one. And not all sound bars are compatible with the remotes.

1.5 year old thread closed