Community Forum

Constant Netflix App Issues

Regular Visitor

Constant Netflix App Issues

I've been having constant issues with the Netflix app on the X1 box over the last two weeks, including:

• the netflix app freezes
  • the netflix app stops suddenly and kicks the box out to the regular cable programming
  • sometimes I can't login to Netflix.  When I click on the app, it just returns to the cable programming
  • the video stutters and jerks

Resetting the Netflix app has no effect.  When the app freeze or login fails, I am able to restore access by restarting or refreshing the cable box.   Nothing fixes the issue with the video.

All cable programming works fine on all channels.   Streaming netflix over the internet using the netflix app on the ipad works great.

The Tier 3 comcast support representative confirmed that all signal levels look good.

I'm assuming the modem in the X1 box is failing, but want to check to see if there are other solutions before going through the hassle of another equipment exchange.   This box is only two months old and would be my fourth comcast equipment failure.

Valued Contributor

Re: Constant Netflix App Issues

@Bill-97 wrote:

I've been having constant issues with the Netflix app on the X1 box over the last two weeks, including:

• the netflix app freezes
  • the netflix app stops suddenly and kicks the box out to the regular cable programming
  • sometimes I can't login to Netflix.  When I click on the app, it just returns to the cable programming
  • the video stutters and jerks

Resetting the Netflix app has no effect.  When the app freeze or login fails, I am able to restore access by restarting or refreshing the cable box.   Nothing fixes the issue with the video.

All cable programming works fine on all channels.   Streaming netflix over the internet using the netflix app on the ipad works great.

The Tier 3 comcast support representative confirmed that all signal levels look good.

I'm assuming the modem in the X1 box is failing, but want to check to see if there are other solutions before going through the hassle of another equipment exchange.   This box is only two months old and would be my fourth comcast equipment failure.

I'm experiencing the same issue you describe here :

I have not been able to obtain an answer to the Issue. I don't know if it's an Issue with the cable box modem, Internet/signal Issue or a possible server overload?

I do wonder if it's related to connection speed because comcast does put a data cap on user Accounts

See connection recommendations:

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/306   (Just found the article so I plan to try what they suggest)

New Poster

I just switched to comcast Netflix bundle and having same issues.  Mostly movies stuttering.  Issue wasn’t there prior to switching over.  Can’t seem to find what the problem is and no fix.  I tried Netflix on my other devices and it runs fine.   

Silver Problem Solver

@Mkwu2u2 wrote:

I just switched to comcast Netflix bundle and having same issues.  Mostly movies stuttering.  Issue wasn’t there prior to switching over.  Can’t seem to find what the problem is and no fix.  I tried Netflix on my other devices and it runs fine.   

Are you using a wireless connection?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hello everyone, thank you for using the forums for your concerns, were you able to get this issue fixed?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I’m still having issues with the Netflix video quality over X1 (stuttering), but haven’t had the issues lately with the app freezing. I think I need to switch out my cable box.
New Poster

I’m having the same Netflix video stuttering issues. Replaced the box, new modem, sevice tech came out to check wires and cable hookups. Everything checks out. But still having the issue. Doesn’t happen when I stream from my smart tv. Only when using Netflix through xfinity box app. Any help would be great. I’m about to call and make another complaint to see what xfinity can do for me.
Silver Problem Solver

@Dougiedo wrote:
I’m having the same Netflix video stuttering issues. Replaced the box, new modem, sevice tech came out to check wires and cable hookups. Everything checks out. But still having the issue. Doesn’t happen when I stream from my smart tv. Only when using Netflix through xfinity box app. Any help would be great. I’m about to call and make another complaint to see what xfinity can do for me.

Which X1 box do you have?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

I’m having the issue on the Pace XG1V3
Silver Problem Solver

@Bill-97 wrote:
I’m having the issue on the Pace XG1V3

Darn; I don't have that one.  Sometimes it helps to test with the same model.