Community Forum

Connecting to pandora

Expert

Re: Connecting to pandora

@smalits wrote:

Where is pandora link??  have tried to play pandora on my x1 ..message tells me to link my pandora account at xfinity.com/x1. I went to site..can't see where to link account. I connected to xfinity.com/profile & nothing??

How can I access something I am paying for.

https://secure.comcast.net/profile

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@gotpizza wrote:

Rusty one work around for this is to make more than one station within the same account!

gotpizza I didn't reply to this thought I had. I tried that she totally buggered my stations because she didn't understand to set up one of her own. does your TiVo have a pandora app? similar?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Silver Problem Solver

@smalits wrote:

Where is pandora link??  have tried to play pandora on my x1 ..message tells me to link my pandora account at xfinity.com/x1. I went to site..can't see where to link account. I connected to xfinity.com/profile & nothing??

How can I access something I am paying for.

googled "xfinity pandora" :

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-apps-connect-your-comcast-id/

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

When I want to check Pandora settings I click on "Profile", nothing happens. Any ideas?

Expert

@tonytom wrote:

When I want to check Pandora settings I click on "Profile", nothing happens. Any ideas?

https://secure.comcast.net/profile  <== sets up your account on the x1 App.

New Poster

Works through my smartphone, but not my laptop. Must be a PC issue. Thanks.
New Poster

Okay - success in finding the profile page and connecting to pandora...i have the green check mark and manage connection.  However, when I go back to my TV - and hit on the pandora app - it says, accessing internet..and then - i get the same message - go to the profile page and set up pandora...what am i doing wrong?

Expert

@jimbo84 wrote:

Okay - success in finding the profile page and connecting to pandora...i have the green check mark and manage connection.  However, when I go back to my TV - and hit on the pandora app - it says, accessing internet..and then - i get the same message - go to the profile page and set up pandora...what am i doing wrong?

when you launch pandora app does it offer to use a different username that you have to select?

If not, i'd use a pc to make a new (temporary) pandora account and use that on pc to be sure working then change comcast pandora account to that 'temp' account. If that works you will know it is something wrong inside the current pandora account setup. edit>> if you get it working try the rickie lee jones radio channel on the temporary account first so that is stored and ready to use on the X1 Pandora app.

New Poster

Ok so when I go to the profile page I see all my profile info but when I scroll down to where the apps are supposed to be there are none. Anyone else seeing this? I have tried multiple browsers and also PC and Apple.

Shawn

Expert

@Altramagnus wrote:

Ok so when I go to the profile page I see all my profile info but when I scroll down to where the apps are supposed to be there are none. Anyone else seeing this? I have tried multiple browsers and also PC and Apple.

Shawn

you only see apps if you are on an x1 DVR or an xi3

New Poster

LOL yeah I am on X1 DVR. Sorry guess I should have mentioned that. App says go to profile and sign in for first time. I go to profile and on the bottom of the page it has no apps for me to select Pandora and sign in. its blank.

Not to mention the top of the page where it shows profile devices settings, settings is missing. I mention this because the comcast app instruction page shows pics of a settings option also and mine is different. maybe their page is broke currently.

Silver Problem Solver

@Altramagnus wrote:

LOL yeah I am on X1 DVR. Sorry guess I should have mentioned that. App says go to profile and sign in for first time. I go to profile and on the bottom of the page it has no apps for me to select Pandora and sign in. its blank.

Not to mention the top of the page where it shows profile devices settings, settings is missing. I mention this because the comcast app instruction page shows pics of a settings option also and mine is different. maybe their page is broke currently.

Maybe you need a comcast.net email address to access it?

Edit:

https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-apps-connect-your-comcast-id/

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I have to sign into my profile with my comcast id/email in order to see those apps. Problem is the bottom of the profile page doesn't display the X1 apps for me to pick to sign into for the intital start up.

Official Employee

Are you using this link? I see settings there

https://secure.comcast.net/profile

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Silver Problem Solver

My guess is you have an account issue that can be fixed by calling Comcast; tell them you have an account issue.

Do you have an X1 DVR?  Pandora doesn't work on RNG150 companions.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

New Poster

Ill have to check with them when I go to work. Guess your right, must be an account issue.

Shawn

Expert

@Altramagnus wrote:

Ill have to check with them when I go to work. Guess your right, must be an account issue.

Shawn

when you look under 'account' do you show any equipment? see a px001 (dvr)? Do you have comcast internet service? On a home or commercial account?

Silver Problem Solver

@Altramagnus wrote:

Shawn

Do you have a DVR or a companion?

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

New Poster

I see my HDDVR and my X1DVR under equipment. I have internet also and see that equipment.

New Poster

Ok so now all of a sudden the settings option is there and the apps appeared. Must of been some kind of error to just start working. All I did was refresh the page again for the 100th time and there it all is.

Regular Visitor

How do I connect my comast TV  to pandora using my Xfinity router

Expert

@Kiwigood23 wrote:

How do I connect my comast TV  to pandora using my Xfinity router

You cannot do that....  your X1 DVR will have the Pandora APP and you must follow the instructions on how to connect your existing Pandora account to the X1 system...  simple search for Pandora Instructions will help in this...

-=Ray=-

New Poster

I keep getting a message saying link pandora account to comcast username
Expert

@mishikacoppage9 wrote:
I keep getting a message saying link pandora account to comcast username

see message #64 in this thread for the link.

New Poster

1. Access the web portal http://xfinity.com/profile on your computer, laptop or mobile device.
  2. Log in using your XFINITY username and password.
New Poster

The key here is to have the Pandora well in advance set up with the "SAME EMAIL" that you have registered with Xfinity. 

Once you do that, simply follow the instruction from your TV screen to go to Xfinity.com/profile and once you go there you will see the app "Pandora" to follow the instruction. 

If your email with Pandora and Xfinity are two different, then you'll be lost thinking where the heck that linking option is... first hand experience. 

Hope that helps. 

N'joy...

SR

@Jstew21 wrote:
I have tried to play pandora on my x1 ..message tells me to link my pandora account at xfinity.com/x1. I went to site..can't see where to link account

@Jstew21 wrote:
I have tried to play pandora on my x1 ..message tells me to link my pandora account at xfinity.com/x1. I went to site..can't see where to link account

Expert

https://secure.xfinity.com/profile to set up your pandora account.