Community Forum

Connect cable tv to Vizio Smart TV

New Poster

Connect cable tv to Vizio Smart TV

Cant seem to find way to connect my smart tv to my cable system so I can watch regular tv.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Connect cable tv to Vizio Smart TV

I am fairly sure I know what your issue is. Wondering why you think this is Comcast's issue to solve? Your "Smart TV" features have nothing to go with X1 cable TV service. Also, if you have a Samsung TV that means your Smart TV needs to be connected to the internet.

I think you need to learn how to change inputs on your TV and learn more about how to control your Smart TV.

Lmpaden wrote:

Cant seem to find way to connect my smart tv to my cable system so I can watch regular tv.

Expert

Lmpaden wrote:

The smart TV should have one or more HDMI input ports to receive one end of an HDMI cable that connects to your cable set top box (HDMI out to TV HDMI port). Once connected, you will use your TV's remote control to change the input to that particular HDMI connection.

If you want assistance with using your wired or wireless internet service by your TV, you will need to ask that part of your question on the forum's internet connection help area at http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/bd-p/YHN

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you Rustben, I'll try that.

New Poster

wow nice response

Official Employee

1.5 year old thread closed

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!