Community Forum

Companion box no hdmi signal

Highlighted
New Poster

Companion box no hdmi signal

How do I get my companion box to output a signal via hdmi? It works fine by coax to channel 3 but I can’t seem to make it send signal to the hdmi.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Companion box no hdmi signal

@Nickz27 wrote:
How do I get my companion box to output a signal via hdmi? It works fine by coax to channel 3 but I can’t seem to make it send signal to the hdmi.

use a flashlight/phone 'light' and determine the name of the HDMI port your HDMI cable is plugged into on the Set Top Box. also what is the name of the TV port the other end of the HDMI cable is connected?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

It is in the out to TV. I understand the basics of connections. I just need to make the box output to HDMI.
Highlighted
Expert

@Nickz27 wrote:
It is in the out to TV. I understand the basics of connections. I just need to make the box output to HDMI.

what is the label of the HDMI port to which that cable is connected? also did you try a different cable? note that X1 equipment is always 'on' for HDMI if connected to s secure HDCP device.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

It is connected to HDMI 1. The cable is fine the tv is fine. Everything works if I use the regular box but not the companion box. I went and got a new box today because the HDMI wasn’t working on the other one so in theory the box is fine. Is there a setting of some sort on the companion box I have to change?
Highlighted
Expert

@Nickz27 wrote:
It is connected to HDMI 1. The cable is fine the tv is fine. Everything works if I use the regular box but not the companion box. I went and got a new box today because the HDMI wasn’t working on the other one so in theory the box is fine. Is there a setting of some sort on the companion box I have to change?

use the TV remote and select the HDMI 1 input. unplug the X1 set top box for a few seconds and plug it in. you should see the boot up progress screens in a few moments. anything? if not the set top box is bad or the HDMI cord is bad. the boot up process works regardless of connection to coax etc.

Frequent Visitor

@Nickz27 wrote:

I recently had a somewhat similar issue as my Primary XG1v4 STB worked fine, and of the other two X1D Satellite boxes, one could not aquire a signal with either HDMI nor, COAX:; the second satellite STB was able to acquire a signal only using COAX, and not HDMI. 

Between @Rustyben   &  @CCAndrew   I was able to resolve this issue by switching out both X1D Satellite STB’s for XG2 STB’s.  I was informed by these members that the inexpensive X1D Satellite STB’s require a very clean ( noise free ) and strong signal. Several Comcast Techs had previously informed me that the signal coming into my home had excessive Upstream errors as well as unusually high SNR.