Community Forum

Comcast XR15 Remote to control TV and Audio Receiver

Regular Visitor

Comcast XR15 Remote to control TV and Audio Receiver

I have a TCL Roku Smart TV and a Sony Soundbar w/ Subwoofer. Up until about 6 months ago, the All-power button on my Comcast Remote would turn the TV and Audio Receiver both on and off as it should. As soon as I input the codes for the audio receiver the all-power button no longer works for the TV. The all-power button only turns the receiver on and off. I can still turn the TV on and off via the TV power button and I can control the TV inputs but the all-power button no longer controls the TV. What happened? Why did this change? How can I get that function back?

Expert

Re: Comcast XR15 Remote to control TV and Audio Receiver

@rocco1221 wrote:

I have a TCL Roku Smart TV and a Sony Soundbar w/ Subwoofer. Up until about 6 months ago, the All-power button on my Comcast Remote would turn the TV and Audio Receiver both on and off as it should. As soon as I input the codes for the audio receiver the all-power button no longer works for the TV. The all-power button only turns the receiver on and off. I can still turn the TV on and off via the TV power button and I can control the TV inputs but the all-power button no longer controls the TV. What happened? Why did this change? How can I get that function back?

re-do the setup of the TV then do the sound bar. press "A" to get the setup  remote menu.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I've gone through the process multiple times. I use the on-screen instructions. Doesn't matter, as soon as I put the Audio Receiver code in, I lose the ability to turn the TV on and off with the all-power button.
Silver Problem Solver

@rocco1221 wrote:
I've gone through the process multiple times. I use the on-screen instructions. Doesn't matter, as soon as I put the Audio Receiver code in, I lose the ability to turn the TV on and off with the all-power button.

Here is some information about the XR15:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

I prefer the XR11; they are free at my Xfinity Store.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Had the same issue with the XR11, went to the Xfinity store to swap it out for the XR15 hoping that would solve the issue. It didn't.
Silver Problem Solver

@rocco1221 wrote:
Had the same issue with the XR11, went to the Xfinity store to swap it out for the XR15 hoping that would solve the issue. It didn't.

Keep trying; it took me several tries to get my XR11 to work with my new Vizio Soundbar and my X1 DVR.

Be sure to follow the steps EXACTLY as they are described.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/remote-program-the-xr2-or-xr5-to-aim-anywhere

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I'm in the same boat.  I have a new Series 6 TCL Roku TV.  I can pair the TV fine.  

And then when I add my Sony receiver, the remote will not turn the TV on or off.

Help por favor.

Regular Contributor

If the TV is connected to the receiver over HDMI you might make it work by enabling HDMI CEC (control) on both the TV and receiver and only pairing the remote with the TV - which will then control the receiver via HDMI CEC.