Community Forum

Comcast Remote - intermittent problem with OK/Select button

New Poster

Comcast Remote - intermittent problem with OK/Select button

The OK/Select button on my remote is only working intermittently, even when I press it extremely hard. All the other buttons are fine. Is there a way to "fix" this or do I need a new remote? Can cleaning the remote or using compressed air help?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Comcast Remote - intermittent problem with OK/Select button

@RMFJM wrote:

The OK/Select button on my remote is only working intermittently, even when I press it extremely hard. All the other buttons are fine. Is there a way to "fix" this or do I need a new remote? Can cleaning the remote or using compressed air help?

Two things to try; stand close to the X1 box and see if it clears up; another option is to replace the batteries with brand new ones.  I use Lithium batteries in all my remotes.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

RMFJM -- Thank you for reaching out in the Xfinity Forums for your concern. Were you able to get your remote to work?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I tried replacing the batteries as suggested by a forum member, but the problem persists. It is only the SELECT button, that is problematic, and works intermittently, and then only when I press extremely hard . That was why I asked whether it needed to be "cleaned" out perhaps with compressed air or something like that. The rest of the remote is fine.

Silver Problem Solver

@RMFJM wrote:

I tried replacing the batteries as suggested by a forum member, but the problem persists. It is only the SELECT button, that is problematic, and works intermittently, and then only when I press extremely hard . That was why I asked whether it needed to be "cleaned" out perhaps with compressed air or something like that. The rest of the remote is fine.

It won't hurt it to try to clean it.  You can also get free remotes at your nearest Xfinity Store.  Over the years, I have collected 10 extra XR11/XR15 remotes in case one of the fails.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!