Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Code to speed up the remote control?

Frequent Visitor

Code to speed up the remote control?

If I put this post in the wrong forum, please move it to the proper forum or tell me what the best forum is for this question and I'll post it there.

Apparently almost every command that you send from your remote control goes to the xfinity server and then returns to the TV.  Press the Fast Forward button and the command is first sent to xfinity and then returns to the remote which then sends the command to the TV.  Press Play, Rewind, etc and the same thing happens.

This  can result in a noticeable delay which can be worse depending upon Xfinity.

There is a special code that will stop your remote control from doing this and your commands will be sent directly to the TV.  About 2 or 3 years ago, a Comcast repairman came and had to replace some of our equipment.  He could see that the remote control delay was worse than usual that day so he put a code into my remote control to keep most commands local.

Unfortunately, I accidentally returned that remote to Comcast with some other equipment and of course, I don't remember the code and can't find where I wrote it down.

So . . . anyone out there know what this code is?

Thanks for any help!
Bill

Official Employee

Re: Code to speed up the remote control?

There’s no such thing, every remote button press for the X1 platform ( not including your actual tv controls) is sent out and returned.
Frequent Visitor

I checked with The Ultimate One, my wife, that is.  And she remembers the exact same as I remember - the Comcast service person came to our house for something else and when I mentioned that sometimes, commands would be very slow.  The service person said "type this into one of your remotes and that one remote will NOT go back to Comcast unless it has to."  Like a fool, I did not write the numbers down.  After that, commands such as rewind for a show recorded on my DVR WERE faster.

This was 2, 3 or maybe 4 years ago.  I am fairly certain that it was X1 but maybe it was whatever was before X1?

If I see a Comcast truck in the neighborhood, I'll ask to see if they know.

Thanks for your reply!

Bill

Expert

@Mack-G wrote:

I checked with The Ultimate One, my wife, that is.  And she remembers the exact same as I remember - the Comcast service person came to our house for something else and when I mentioned that sometimes, commands would be very slow.  The service person said "type this into one of your remotes and that one remote will NOT go back to Comcast unless it has to."  Like a fool, I did not write the numbers down.  After that, commands such as rewind for a show recorded on my DVR WERE faster.

This was 2, 3 or maybe 4 years ago.  I am fairly certain that it was X1 but maybe it was whatever was before X1?

If I see a Comcast truck in the neighborhood, I'll ask to see if they know.

Thanks for your reply!

Bill 

unfortunately that information was incorrect. all commands (even to change the channel or pause playback) go to Comcast and back to your set top box and it is near instant if your connection is within specifications. you might want to call 800-Comcast and select TV and ask the agent to perform an internal trouble shooting guide (einstein). If there are signal problems there, the agent can schedule a call to get the problems fixed.