Community Forum

Cloud DVR recorded wrong channel/shows

drmo13
Regular Visitor

Cloud DVR recorded wrong channel/shows

I have set "series recording" for a number of shows. On January 27th my cloud DVR should have recorded 3 new 30min shows on ABC (Chicago channel 7) at 7pm, 7:30pm and 8pm. The 3 shows look correct as listed in my recordings but when I play the shows the actual recorded contents are from the wrong channel (Chicago channel 6). This is really annoying and I'm wondering how and why these recordings went awry. Any ideas? Is there something I can do so that this doesn't happen to future recordings?

Thanks,

Dave

Tags (1)
Rustyben
Expert

Re: Cloud DVR recorded wrong channel/shows

@drmo13 wrote:

I have set "series recording" for a number of shows. On January 27th my cloud DVR should have recorded 3 new 30min shows on ABC (Chicago channel 7) at 7pm, 7:30pm and 8pm. The 3 shows look correct as listed in my recordings but when I play the shows the actual recorded contents are from the wrong channel (Chicago channel 6). This is really annoying and I'm wondering how and why these recordings went awry. Any ideas? Is there something I can do so that this doesn't happen to future recordings?

Thanks,

Dave

did the home DVR record the correct channel/program?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Tags (1)
drmo13
Regular Visitor

@Rustyben We only have a regular X1 cable box, not a DVR box.

Tags (1)
ComcastNima
Official Employee

Hi @drmo13  - I'd like to help investigate what went wrong with your scheduled recordings, so we can figure out root cause and report back to Xfinity Forums for all Customers to be aware. If you PM me your First Name, Last Name and Account Number, I can confirm you're the account holder. My Engineering colleagues will be looking into this, and additional details or account specifics from you may be helpful as they troubleshoot. Thank you, I appreciate it!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Tags (1)