Community Forum

Choppy/unsmooth picture

New Poster

Choppy/unsmooth picture

For the last few months, I’ve periodically been experiencing somewhat of a “choppy picture,” for lack of a better word. Almost similar to buffering on the computer. I’ve tried restarting my boxs, system refresh, and checking to make sure the connections are tight. At this point, I’m not sure how to proceed. Would just like to have the services that I pay for provided in the correct manner. It comes and goes periodically, and is hard for me to pinpoint. Any help would be appreciated.
Expert

Re: Choppy/unsmooth picture

@Hegemeyer wrote:
For the last few months, I’ve periodically been experiencing somewhat of a “choppy picture,” for lack of a better word. Almost similar to buffering on the computer. I’ve tried restarting my boxs, system refresh, and checking to make sure the connections are tight. At this point, I’m not sure how to proceed. Would just like to have the services that I pay for provided in the correct manner. It comes and goes periodically, and is hard for me to pinpoint. Any help would be appreciated.

is this happening to all set top box connected TVs in your home? how are the streaming devices (apple/android) and desk/laptops streaming?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

This specific occurrence was on the main set top box in the living room. I’ve since moved upstairs, to an x1 companion, that currently has perfect picture. (This companion box is normally the one with the issue)

Netflix is working perfect on the main box right now, just not just not live tv. Mobile streaming and internet is perfect.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Silver Problem Solver

@Hegemeyer wrote:
This specific occurrence was on the main set top box in the living room. I’ve since moved upstairs, to an x1 companion, that currently has perfect picture. (This companion box is normally the one with the issue)

Netflix is working perfect on the main box right now, just not just not live tv. Mobile streaming and internet is perfect.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

You might try a System Refresh:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-system-refresh

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

System refresh was attempted before making the original post. Did not remedy the problem.