Community Forum

Channel Guide keeps changing setting?

Frequent Visitor

Channel Guide keeps changing setting?

I've gone through and identified all of the channels that we want to see in the "Favorites" section of The Guide. I change the vew in the Guide to "Favorites" but something keeps changing back to other settings. Sometimes it's "All Channels", others it's "Free to Me", etc.... VERY annoying.   Anyone know what I'm missing?

Official Employee

Re: Channel Guide keeps changing setting?

If you want to change the guide view, are you following these instructions?
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-default-guide-view

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I thought I did that but I'm not home at the moment - will check when I get back. The strange part is that the guide never seems to pick the same thing. Sometimes it's "All Channels", other times it's "Free to Me", and then there's the "HD channels" .  It's never the same thing.

Expert

@03bluecoupe wrote:

I thought I did that but I'm not home at the moment - will check when I get back. The strange part is that the guide never seems to pick the same thing. Sometimes it's "All Channels", other times it's "Free to Me", and then there's the "HD channels" .  It's never the same thing.

wonder if your remote button for guide is 'pressing' the button more than one time when you press it one time. that would change the type of channel. you can set the default guide in the settings menu.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

It doesn't matter what TV or remote (we have 4)  -- they all do the same thing.

Expert

@03bluecoupe wrote:

It doesn't matter what TV or remote (we have 4)  -- they all do the same thing.

if you use the xfinity remote Xfinity >> gear (settings) >> preferences  >> general >> default guide view. set your option there and that will be your default guide for that set top box. do it on each box you wish to set. to change temporarily, press guide two times and select a different temporary view.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.