Community Forum

Changing the daily update time?

Regular Contributor

Changing the daily update time?

We have 4 boxes ...  2 DVRs and 2 satellite boxes.

We had the daily update time set as the default (2am - 4am) but after we added the fourth box (basement), it changed the daily update time to 10am - 12pm.

I tried changing it back on both DVRs and the upstairs satellite box but, even though it would let select a new update time (2am - 4am), it would never save it.  I had to go down to the satellite box in the basement to change the update time back to 2am - 4am.

Why can't I change the update time on any of the upstairs boxes?  Why do I have to go down to the basement to change the update time?  Is that box considered a primary box (does that even exist on the X1 system)?

Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Changing the daily update time?

It will help if you can tell us the make and model of all your boxes.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello kjakubowsk. Thank you for creating a post on our Forum. It sounds like that basement box is acting as your primary. As RobertWy stated, if you could post the make and model of your boxes, we can help sort out the hierarchy of each box. I can also check in our system internally if you send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi kjakubowsk. We did not receive a response from you. This thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you continue to need help with this issue, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!