Community Forum

Cannot connect XR15 remote to Taotronics TT-SK016 Sound Bar

New Poster

Cannot connect XR15 remote to Taotronics TT-SK016 Sound Bar

I have a Smart Samsung tv UN55JS7000. I cannot figure out how to use the xfinity remote, or even tv remote, to change the sound bar’s volume. Taotronics is not included in the drop down list when trying to sync normally. I have tried using optical cable from the xfinity box and from the tv, as well as, Bluetooth from the tv to the sound bar to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Cannot connect XR15 remote to Taotronics TT-SK016 Sound Bar

Taotronics, in the past, hasn’t had a compatible code.
This older thread had some workarounds, see if any apply to you. If not, you may have to use both remotes
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/TaoTronics-soundbar-code-needed/m-p/2924227#M131177

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

That's a thread from 2017, the manual search STILL doesn't work for TaoTronics products, and Comcast STILL doesn't have a code for their products.

Get It Done Already....  Simply pathetic.

New Poster

Still no codes?  Not even one for TaoTronics products?  Wake up and GetItDoneAlready...

Silver Problem Solver

@GetItDoneAlrdy wrote:

Still no codes?  Not even one for TaoTronics products?  Wake up and GetItDoneAlready...

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes

Anything there?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Thanks for trying.  Already tried that option..  Of course, STILL(after years of this being requested) nothing is helpful there for Taotronics products.  Not even a single code.  It appears they don't realize that Taotronics makes audio equipment that could fall into their remote's capabilites.  I'm sure Taotronics isn't the only manufacturer.  But, they are one that should have had codes created for their remotes YEARS AGO.  It's simply pathetic.

You'd think if you're giving a company $2500 a year for their "service", they'd care about their customers and their satisfaction.  Apparently, only the dollar matters to this company.  Shame on them.