Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Cancelling a recording/something I didn't know!

New Poster

Cancelling a recording/something I didn't know!

I learned something new tonight that I did not know regarding recordings.  One of my favorite shows was being recorded tonight.  It is on from 8-9, but it's set to continue recording for 5 more minutes.  At 9:00 something else started to record, and my tv was giving me the message that another program was starting to record (I was watching tennis), so I would have to go to that channel.  Since I wanted to continue watching tennis, and my 8-9:00 show was over (even though it was still recording), I hit "cancel recording" of that show.  I DID NOT hit delete recording.  Well lo and behold, that show is not in my saved recordings, nor was it in the recently deleted ones either!  Boy am I upset!!!  I never knew this about this X1 box!  I know that I can watch it on demand, but not until tomorrow.

Expert

Re: Cancelling a recording/something I didn't know!

@sepalma23 wrote:

I learned something new tonight that I did not know regarding recordings.  One of my favorite shows was being recorded tonight.  It is on from 8-9, but it's set to continue recording for 5 more minutes.  At 9:00 something else started to record, and my tv was giving me the message that another program was starting to record (I was watching tennis), so I would have to go to that channel.  Since I wanted to continue watching tennis, and my 8-9:00 show was over (even though it was still recording), I hit "cancel recording" of that show.  I DID NOT hit delete recording.  Well lo and behold, that show is not in my saved recordings, nor was it in the recently deleted ones either!  Boy am I upset!!!  I never knew this about this X1 box!  I know that I can watch it on demand, but not until tomorrow.

would you detail your equipment? example DVR, xiD (3) -- for the TV connected devices?