Community Forum

Can you have an X1 DVR box in each room?

Contributor

Can you have an X1 DVR box in each room?

Right now I have the X1 DVR on my main TV and a second anyroom box (whatever it is) on the second TV.  The main X1 box is much more responsive and faster than the other one.  Can you have that same type of box on all TV's or just the main one?    It would also be nice so the second TV doesn't have to have line of sight with the remote in order to work.

Official Employee

Re: Can you have an X1 DVR box in each room?

Yes, you can, there would be a difference in price between the box you have now and a dvr (about $10).
You can swap out the RNG150 that you have for an Xid or XG2,if you don’t go the second dvr route, to be able to hide the box.
Contributor

So with an xg2, can I still play shows recorded on the DVR from the other box, plus pause live TV, plus hide the box? How much more per month is that box if the DVR box would be $10 more?
Official Employee

Yes to all, same price as the box you have now
Contributor

Well that makes it an easy choice. I don't see any advantage to the one I have!
Expert

wrote:
Well that makes it an easy choice. I don't see any advantage to the one I have!

do you use HDMI to connect that rng150 to your set top box? if so, you are all set with the xg2

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

Yes I do. I see the difference now. The rng150 has component outputs and the xg2 does not. Thanks!