Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Can the XR11 Remote work with IR to the Cable Box

Regular Visitor

Can the XR11 Remote work with IR to the Cable Box

Hello,

Does anyone know if we can use the XR11 remote through an IR repeater to the cable box?  One of the remotes are close to the box so RF works but the other one is too far for RF.  I am pretty sure this will not allow the voice to work but can I set the remot eto communicate with the box via IR?

Thanks for any feedback

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Can the XR11 Remote work with IR to the Cable Box

Yes X1 remotes default to IR communication. If yours is RF paired you just need to "unpair" it to get it back to IR.

If you are using a 3rd IR system you need to be careful. Used with X1 boxes people have had mixed results. Some X1 boxes are easily overloaded by too strong of IR signals and not all IR flashers call handle the entire frequency range that X1 remotes use.
Official Employee

Adding to Rick, to unpair, press and hold setup and press 987
Expert

adding too... voice function and battery level warnings need RF link to work last I heard.

New Poster

my XR2 remote worked fine with my IR tv console cabinet.  comcast just upgraded me to the X1 box and now it doesn't work.

Official Employee

If you have voice commands your remote is RF paired. Press and hold setup, LED goes from red to green and press 987, to clear the RF pairing